Please pardon the mess. We're still designing our user experience for mobile devices and tablets.
Business Data Analyst at StraighterLine
Full-time Position in Baltimore
Goals of the Position
- Maintain a high level of scrutiny on the accuracy and data integrity of reports.
- Serve as the operational nucleus for all questions and analysis of key company metrics and business data.
- Work closely with internal groups, driving cross-functional collaboration and end-to-end data analysis.
- Manage and define new data requests via a Data Backlog (DBL), refining prioritization of those requests through formal meetings, informal conversations, and JIRA.
- Gain a deep understanding of the student lifecycle within the StraighterLine experience to provide strategic recommendations based on seasonal trends, student cohorts, the acquisition funnel, and retention efforts.
- Collaborate and support fellow Analysts, Engineers, and Manager in the production of data, reports, and ongoing analytics.
Success Metrics KPIs of Position
- Data manipulation using SQL.
- The compilation of data into robust analysis, with strategic recommendations and answers to data questions or KPI trends.
- Creation of dashboards for repeatable data needs, working in conjunction with the Data Services Engineer, to automate for real time data access.
- Presentation of analytic findings and strategic recommendations prepared and delivered via email, group meetings, and/or conference calls.
- Production of daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports within defined time periods to key stakeholders and company leadership.
- Production of the DBL Backlog using an Agile Scrum process, that force-ranks priorities in order to hold requestors accountable for the potential value (ROI) of data needs.
- Ability to work with diverse data sets and extract meaningful analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and data accuracy, taking pride in excellence
- Ability to manage frequent interruptions, set priorities, and adapt quickly to change
- Excellent work-ethic to achieve results with a high level of self-reliance
- Strong desire to expand analytic skillset and assume new responsibilities, with excitement towards training
- Core experience using SQL and advanced Excel/Google Sheets to produce complex analysis
- Knowledge/understanding of SQL databases
- Experience in Education industry is a plus
- Experience with Data Miner, Python, or R is a plus
- Experience working with statistical A/B testing results is a plus
- Bachelors degree
- 3-5 years experience in a business intelligence and/or analyst role.