Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The mission of the Global Technology division is to provide a highly reliable and commercial technology platform, which supports the Firm’s strategy, delivered by an innovative, world-class team of professionals. There are ten divisions within Technology.
Technology & Information Risk (TIR) is part of the Global Technology and Data organization and manages operational and technology related risks on behalf of the Firm. The group’s key principles are to provide proactive, comprehensive and consistent risk management, to enable the execution of the Firms strategy.
TIR's mandate is to enable the Firm to manage its technology and data related risks through implementing proactive, comprehensive and consistent risk management practices across the Firm to protect the franchise while capturing business opportunities. The TIR team partners with the business by ensuring that Technology and Data understands how to manage escalate and monitor risk.
Morgan Stanley has a requirement for a critical role for an Analytic Developer to work with our growing Cyber Analytics team within our Fusion Center, Cyber analytics play a central role in the ability of the Center to detect the threats against the Morgan Stanley network.
We are seeking a motivated self-starter with a blend of security and computer science skills to work across functional teams with the ultimate goal of producing capabilities that measurably improve Morgan Stanley’s cybersecurity posture and real-time awareness.
The ideal candidate is an inquisitive learner with a passion for security, data and analytics. The candidate must effectively collaborate with stakeholders from inception to completion of a capability, and should be able to simultaneously lead an end-to-end effort as well as participate in the execution of solutions within the overall effort. This role requires a mixture of cybersecurity acumen and technical expertise, along with an ability to build strong partnerships across functions
The global Fusion Center is a 24/7 operation with members in key geographical locations, this requires the role to cover shifts during weekday core hours, plus occasional evening and weekend on call during exceptional incident resolution.
- A strong team player and communicator who is able to lead, motivate, and participate in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment
- Problem definition, data exploration, data acquisition and visualization, evaluating and comparing metrics, deploying various models and iteratively improving solutions
- Develop continuous improvements with Fusion Center teams to push the organization towards new and improved ways to use data to improve our protective posture.
- Engage with stakeholders to identify data efficiency requirements
Skills Required (essential)
- Education in Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Mining, Analytics, Data Science or other quantitative disciplines
- Demonstrated aptitude and understanding of modern programming languages with a willingness to continually learn new languages and data structures
- Experience orchestrating end-to-end solutions; simultaneously working closely with programmers, analysts, and customers
- Knowledge of a range of computer security issues, with depth in at least one or two functional areas.
- Strong analytical, and data analysis skills
- Existing knowledge of data analysis tools including Splunk, Hadoop and Cloudera
- International experience or experience working for a global organization
- Willingness to learn about the technology and cyber threat environment
- General understanding of Cyber security practices