ACES, Incorporated is looking for DevOps Engineers to join our growing cadre of professionals in development of advanced software system. This includes setting up and configuring test and productions environments, automating deployments of software updates, and working with the development team to ensure proper deployment of code. Our engineers play a key role in the product development, from concept to launch, wearing many hats providing growth opportunities in many areas.
As part of a small, agile team, your job responsibilities could include the following:
Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, TravisCI, Capistrano, Vagrant
AWS, Open Stack, Linux, Infrastructure Virtualization, Docker
System Administration, Network Configuration
Come help build and enhance systems that impact the lives of many. Leverage your skills and experiences in the past to help bring new ideas to a rapidly changing environment where innovation is rewarded and benefits large communities.
• Administer and maintain multiple CentOS/RHEL and Windows environments, establish and enforce configuration management controls, perform security patches on the stack and contributed modules, and manage the deployment of custom code.
• Manage application of patches for multiple systems and OSs using Red Hat
• Configure and maintain virtual environments including VMs and containerization.
• Coordinate virtual environments for usage across multiple reporting structures.
• Establish effective deployment and migration strategies for software and application data through the deployment pipeline (i.e. development, testing, staging and production environments).
• Work with infrastructure and development teams to establish monitoring, backup and logging procedures for all environments.
• Propose and implement enhancements to improve the security, performance and reliability of the environments.
• Create update and maintain system configuration using automation tools like Ansible.
• Deploy and maintain analytics.
• Work with developers to design and implement automation within build and deployment processes.
• Submit firewall, PKI certificate, and account requests.
• Create and maintain deployment diagrams and CI/CD process diagrams and present to client as needed
5+ years in highly related work, advanced knowledge of RHEL/Linux system threats, tools, techniques, and processes, to include 3+ years of direct support administering Linux systems
Experience in automating and managing system and software deployments with modern configuration and deployment management systems using configuration and package management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, YUM and Docker
Strong UNIX scripting skills
• Experience supporting CI/CD projects
• Experience in implementing automation in build and/or deployment processes
• Strong interpersonal skills, able to work well in a mixed team of government personnel and other contractors
• Strong self-organization and self-management skills, with emphasis on self-initiation and follow through
• Excellent attention to detail and… awesome personality a plus!
• Experience working in an Agile development environment
• Experience supporting CI/CD projects using Jenkins
• Experience with Python
• Experience with Ansible
• Experience with RedHat OpenShift
• Experience with Docker