Scope and dimension of the job
This role will own the global content and deployment strategy for the Change Management process worldwide, including competencies, change official methodology for Laureate, global training training, metrics, dashboards and full deployment across the business.
The job works in strategic partnership and co-design of all solutions with the EiP and other transformation initiatives at the regions teams to ensure the solutions are enabled by Laureate systems in alignment with our technology roadmap.
- The role is not about developing a methodology but about creating Change Capability in the business. To support the transition of Laureate from a business process orientation to an enhanced view of transformation and change as a way of life.
- Provides global direction, expertise and policy definition on change management and how all aspects of OD relate to and support Laureate's transformation globally.
- Serves as the center of expertise for the design of tools, systems, processes, dashboards and over-all solutions to address Laureate's strategic imperative of enabling change management. This will require the definition and constant update of global content, tools, and work closely with OD Performance Solutions on the update of competencies for change management.
- To achieve this goal, the role will require a close partnership with the leaders of initiatives in the business, will also work with academic leaders, CEOs and HR professionals across the 80 institutions, influence their models and negotiate common ground on the technical conflicts that are expected in these kinds of endeavors.
- The role also includes the dimension of communicating, marketing, project managing the implementation of the solutions with an intense sensitivity to cultural and businesses differences, the creations of solutions for disseminations and the over-all change management for implementation at global scale.
- This job will influence every single employee non-faculty and some faculty across the world.
Main responsibilities (in priority order)
- To own, design, deploy and manage the Laureate Change Management Process globally.
- Define policy, global processes, solutions, change processes and global deployment of tools and practices.
- Design, communicate and be the center of expertise on Change Management and Business Transformation, its definitions, documentation, integration at regional levels
- Define, deploy and maintain the policy, processes and tools to secure deployment with agility and velocity.
- This role will define, implement and maintain an certification curriculum for Change Management and will keep close inventory of "belts" or any other type of designations across the Laureate Network.
- Identify and manage strategic relationships, partnerships and suppliers to develop and deploy the global solutions.
- This role will advise the Chief Talent Officer on aspects related to Transformation and Organization Effectiveness.
Role: DIRECTOR, CHANGE MANAGEMENT CENTER OF EXPERTISE
Reports to: Chief Talent and Organization Development Officer
Position based in: Baltimore (MD) or Miami (FL); other locations may be considered
Type of role: Manager, 1-2 consultants
Profile and experience:
- Human Resources professional with minimum 10 years in talent, leadership development, performance and change management solutions for multinational corporations
- Demonstrated experience in designing, leading and implementing scalable solutions in a global organization
- Understands change management at an expert level as it relates to talent programs and their impact on organizational culture.
- Experience in design of global processes involving numerous stakeholders with multiple interests and regional needs
- Extraordinary creativity, leadership and desire to make strategic impact.
- Ability to present precise and concise strategies, processes, and outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to influence at the senior level of organizations.
- Keen eye on developing strategic partnerships across the organization
- Ability to work through a matrix organization to get the work done in a ighly decentralized environment.
- Quantitative mindset that produces tangible metrics and results particularly as it relates to succession depth to critical roles.
- Maturity, organization agility and humility. Executive presence and ability to engage with executive
- Masters degree required on either MBA or ID, HR, OD, IO psychology
- Preferably with experience in at least two different industries
- Extraordinary communicator, ability to simplify
- Able to be both, strategic thinker and transactional execution expert
- Global influence in her/his background and substantial global work experience
- Cross cultural, bilingual required (any language plus English)
- Strong analytical approach to business case creation and project justification
Demonstrated expertise on:
- Change Management, foundational philosophy, methodologies, process and solutions
- Organizational transformation, process improvement, Six Sigma and other leading philosophies in the field
- Leadership development and its relationship to transformation
- Transformation and strategy in entrepreneurial, diverse, multi-cultural environments
- Senior group facilitation
- Adult learning theory and trends; influence of demographic migration; multi-cultural workplace
- Schools of thought on leadership talent supply and management effectiveness
- Extraordinary presentation and language skills both spoken and written