The Global Contract Management Function (CMF) Director will be an experienced leader with a background in contract management. This role will report to the Vice President, Assistant General Counsel and have critical and frequent interactions with procurement, and other business units to ensure effective and consistent execution of all components of the contract management lifecycle (including creation, review and approval, monitoring, reporting, and archiving). The individual will responsible for ensuring that the contract management and administration activities at the corporate and regional level are performed in a professional, efficient, and effective manner following good business practices and in strict compliance with all applicable company policies, procedures, and processes, applicable laws and regulations, and contract requirements. The Global CMF Director will serve as the regional CMF director for the company's Corporate/GPS segments and will oversee and coordinate the CMF functions in the company's other regions. The role will combine a strong mix of practical and technical experience with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Global Contract Management Function (CMF) Director has the following key responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and oversight of a global team of 15 CMF professionals delivering end-to-end contracts management across the organization. Responsible to train staff in contract formulation, administration, negotiation, closure or termination.
- Accountable for the management of the contracts process; ensures attention to detail and accuracy; monitors for vendor and user compliance; advises legal staff in contract review and approval.
- Maintains and operates an accurate contract tracking and management system and communicates with contract holders and approvers for timely and complete compliance with applicable policies, laws and regulations.
- Owns and maintains the corporate Contract Management Policy[WU1] and other related policies and recommends updates to ensure efficient use of resources and effective use of technology.
- Facilitates obtaining internal reviews / approvals necessary for contract.
- Develops a reporting process that ensures timely delivery of reports and information of contracts listing to all functional leaders in the company . Collaborates with business leaders to create a full listing of outstanding contracts.
- Monitors contract expiration and renewal and advises business units to initiate renewal or termination of the contract, when required.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities:
- Continuously spread awareness of the Contract Management Function and the corresponding Contract Management Policy to all stakeholders to ensure that proper procedures are followed
- Provide valuable input to Legal and Internal Controls on process improvements, level of efforts required for recurring and non-recurring tasks, and business compliance with established Contract Management policies and procedures
- Provide support on how to monitor contract performance by defining and establishing key performance indicators (KPIs)
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
This role has the following requirements in terms of specialized knowledge:
- Eight years of post-degree relevant experience required in a contract management related role, such as purchasing, sourcing and/or legal role
- Team leadership experience, having developed high performing teams in matrix environments
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field preferred
- Strong understanding of applicable legal requirements relating to contractual obligations
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficient written and oral communication skills
- Requires willingness to work a flexible work schedule
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of work related information and materials
- Maintain current knowledge, skill and abilities in contract administration theories, practices and technologies
- Entrepreneurial focus and ability to thrive and excel in a dynamic and technically focused environment.
- Demonstrated business acumen with experience in developing innovative solutions and a successful record of problem-solving.
- Ability to interact effectively with corporate and regional management, functional counterparts, and contracts staff in a professional manner.
- Absolute commitment to performing job in compliance with the highest ethical standards.