Our Director of Web Development can be described as a full-stack developer, organized problem solver, creative thinker, and skilled communicator.
ONeil Interactive is a fast-growing provider of marketing technology solutions and services to clients in the home building industry. We offer our clients a number of internally developed software solutions, and our vertical expertise has created many efficiencies and many consecutive years of significant growth.
The Director of Web Development is responsible for leading the five member development team and selecting new hires as growth plans demand. The Director of Web Development has some production responsibilities, so this position is best suited for a technology leader who enjoys being a part of the work, too.
The Director of Web Development can be further described:
- Naturally inclined problem-solver.
- Strong motivating leader with experience managing developers, designers, and achieving goals as a group.
- Self-starting initiative and a relentless focus on shipping results.
- Ability to organize ambiguity and change.
- Strong confident written and oral communication skills, and the ability to convey complex ideas to audiences of varying technical expertise.
- QA Perfectionist – Relentless error checking, debugging, and performance enhancements to provide rock-solid products and a flawless UX.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Presenting expertise and building confidence with clients and prospective clients about ONeil Interactive’s capabilities.
- Critical listening, problem identification, and solution suggestions.
- Communicating with company leadership, presenting solutions to growth challenges, and identifying challenges before they are critical.
- Speaking with and listening to internal staff in a manner consistent with company culture. Casual, constructively critical, and supportive.
- Prioritizing and sequencing projects ordered by our clients for the highest efficiency while managing expectations.
- Lead strategic planning to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives and setting timetables for the evaluation, development, and deployment of all web-based services.
- To properly manage our technology resources and make smart decisions about contracts and staffing, our Director of Web Development should be a well-rounded full stack developer with an in-depth knowledge of the entire web applications stack.
- Architect and implement the infrastructure behind a scaled deployment including concepts such as:
- Database design and configuration
- Permissions, load balancing, CDNs, and security
- Version control and deployment patterns
- Unit testing
- Coding standards
- Performance and Uptime monitoring * Oversee technical documentation for use by internal staff and external partners.
- As a member of the management team, establish a customer service and support process, with particular responsibility for web-based services that implement the support function.
- Promote achievement of the company’s business goals within a context of community collaboration by developing policies for sharing software code, technological innovation, business processes, and other intellectual property.
- Contribute to open source software development, standardization of technologies, and evolution of best practices by collaborating with peers outside the company, releasing code, presenting at conferences, and writing for publications (online or offline).
Qualifications and Skills
- Python (Frameworks: Django and Tornado)
- Ubuntu, Nginx, and Apache
- Postgres and MySQL
About the Position
This is a full-time, non-telecommuting position, but regularly in 40% work-at-home hours. ONeil Interactive provides competitive salaries, paid time off, a quarterly bonus plan, 401k, a health insurance stipend, and employee life insurance coverage. Please introduce yourself, or email us your questions. We look forward to meeting you.
About the Company
ONeil Interactive is the developer of Homefiniti, a world class digital marketing OS for the home building industry. The ONeil Interactive marketing team wields the power of Homefiniti with devastating effectiveness; generating results for home building clients across the United States. Founded in 2008, ONeil Interactive is headquartered in Hunt Valley, MD. EOE.