If you are tired of working in the same industry and are looking for more exciting, varied, challenging work, RPM Tech may be the perfect solution. We are a growing product development company, with experts in the development of hardware, electro-mechanical systems and advanced mechanisms. We have an office in Westfield, New York and headquarters in Forest Hill, Maryland.
Experienced Electrical Engineer
RPM Tech is seeking a motivated, curious and creative Electrical Engineer to meet the needs of our growing customer and product development needs.
Summary Of Qualifications
The ideal candidate will possess a thorough understanding of analog and digital circuitry, hardware and systems, exhibiting solid experience in troubleshooting and testing. Candidate should have experience in design and assembly of electronic circuitry for concept and prototype verification. Embedded processor coding/support and general firmware skills desirable. Candidate must be willing to travel occasionnaly (<5%), to support project activities.
Primary Duties And Responsibilities
- Primary contributor in analog and digital hardware design, development and verification activities.
- Evaluate electrical systems, products, circuits, and applications by designing and conducting research activities.
- Responsible for circuit simulation, modeling and prediction (where applicable).
- Familiarity with PCB layout tools, schematic capture and library part creation.
- Perform PCB assembly, to support prototype verification and testing.
- Evaluate existing customer products/projects for design improvement and/or optimization.
- Design fixtures and jigs for development and manufacturing requirements.
- Establish electronic specifications requirements in coordination with other disciplines within the team.
- Document electronic hardware design and development activities in accordance with established procedures.
Other Duties And Requirements
- Strong communication skills, ability to work in a cross-functional team.
- Capable of multi-tasking, strong sense of individual responsibility and ownership of assigned tasks/designs.
Qualification And Requirements
- BSEE, product development experience desirable, will consider non-degreed candidate with significant supplemental experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Background and industrial experience in design and development of analog and digital electronics
- Experience with Altium Designer or similar design tool
- Curious, motivated and willing to learn new technologies
Position is in Forest Hill, Maryland or Westfield, NY.
Telecommuting a possibility if in MD, NY or PA.
Green card or US citizenship required
Benefits negotiable, matched 401K plan – we match 4% for every 5% contributions
Relocation considered in special cases
ABOUT RPM Tech
We are a high tech company providing product development and engineering services in the US, Canada and Europe. Past and present projects include medical diagnostics equipment, RF products, tracking devices, renewable energy systems, a sampling kit for the International Space Station, industrial control devices and sensors, consumer products and more. Our continued growth has opened opportunities in several areas. RPM Tech provides an exciting, technically challenging and creative environment for motivated individuals.
RPM Tech is a small business involved in the development of various electronic and mechanical system for industrial ranging from consumer to military and space. Recent project include medical diagnostics equipment, next generation RF modules and antennas, simple mechanical devices, optical networking and testing systems, ruggedized wireless devices, K9 surveillance system, energy automation devices for industrial and commercial applications… We work on projects that may takes a few days to complete to multi-year product developments.
We pride ourselves in providing high quality products. Our small A team works closely together. Our focus is our customers – they provide us with technical challenges to keep our work interesting – and our employees – they are the reason for our success.