Laissez Faire, a division of Agora Financial, is seeking a highly motivated marketer to manage our email media buying program, and grow this marketing channel in an explosive time of growth for our company.
The Laissez Faire marketing team is in a unique position within our organization. We have large marketing budgets and an opportunity to drive massive growth and make a direct impact on the bottom line of the business. Our marketing team is a motivated, results-driven bunch who wake up every morning hungry to find ways to improve our marketing and make an impact on the business.
This position is not for everybody, if your goal is to simply ‘punch the clock’ please do not apply for this role. If the thought of driving real, measurable results does not get you excited, please do not apply for this job. If you want to watch YouTube videos or chat with your friends on Facebook while at work, please do not apply for this job.
If you are up for a challenge, however, are a hard worker, and enjoy a dynamic, fast-paced environment, this job may be for you.
Candidates must be organized, driven, and eager to learn and make an impact on the business. They should also demonstrate a high level of organization, a willingness to constantly learn, and collaborate with co-workers.
This is an incredible opportunity for anyone interested in taking the next step in their marketing career. The sky's the limit for the right person as a marketer in our organization. You just need to be willing to show you will work for it…
The primary responsibility of the Email Media Buyer will be to develop strategy, plan, buy, track and optimize digital ad buys across all email ad spots and other online media.
Duties include researching opportunities, managing third-party relationships, coordinating internally with fellow media buyers, product managers, and analyzing data. The ideal candidate will have experience with online advertising and be comfortable with managing relationships with vendors. Candidates should also have a solid understanding of campaign costs, measuring results, and a drive to optimize to meet campaign objectives and goals.
Responsibilities (includes but not limited to):
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with publishers, media partners, and email list brokers.
- Work with existing vendors to deepen our relationship.
- Research and find new opportunities and partnerships.
- Manage the operational/creative campaign setup and approval workflow.
- Analyze data to ensure campaigns are meeting allowable CPA and ROI benchmarks.
- Develop and Implement tests, and leverage results to provide creative direction for creative used on other marketing channels.
- Run monthly reports for accounting/invoicing.
- Manage payment of all vendors.
- Provide some creative direction and testing ideas for email, insert, banners and landing pages.
- 1-2 years experience in a media buying role.
- General understanding of the digital advertising ecosystem.
- Familiarity with email marketing.
- Comfortable with microsoft excel, and analyzing data.
- Ability to work independently and solve problems without persistent guidance from supervisor.
- Willingness to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well under deadlines in a changing environment.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently is a must!
- Demonstrated ability to think analytically, solve problems, make decisions and use sound judgment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability and desire to understand and discuss new technical concepts.
- Comfortable analyzing and making decisions based on campaign performance data.
- Most importantly: The unrelenting desire to acquire new customers and meet aggressive KPIs.
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter to the link provided.
About Agora Financial
Agora Financial provides independent economic commentary through print and online publications, print and e-books, films and international conferences. For over 25 years, Agora Financial has been a leading innovator in the financial publishing industry. Not only have our economic forecasts been uncannily accurate, but we’ve consistently beaten the mainstream financial media to the punch.
Agora Financial readers were aware of the housing bubble, the credit bubble, the excesses underlying the Panic of ’08, the pending collapse of Lehman Bros. and the bankruptcy of American Airlines well before they happened — and in many cases, were able to prosper while other investors got blindsided.
Executive publisher Addison Wiggin, a New York Times best-selling author and the driving force behind the critically acclaimed documentary film I.O.U.S.A, and our editorial team continue to challenge traditional publishing outlets by offering irreverent, insightful commentary where others fear to tread. Agora Financial editors’ consistent ability to stay ahead of the mainstream has earned recognition from dozens of media sources, including The Wall Street Journal, The Economist, Financial Times and others.
Learn more about Agora Financial at http://agorafinancial.com/.