The Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA) seeks a Engagement Manager for the Baltimore Creatives Acceleration Network (B/CAN), a new 10 year city-wide initiative providing strategic and as needed, just in time support for arts entrepreneurs of all disciplines and backgrounds in an effort to foster a stronger, more equitable creative ecosystem and economy in Baltimore.
The B/CAN Engagement Manager will function as the key promoter and navigator for all B/CAN programs, reporting directly to the Executive Director. We are looking for a highly collaborative, passionate, and detail-oriented person who can not only help build excitement for B/CAN and local arts businesses, but will also contribute their ideas and passion for strengthening Baltimore’s creative community to the program.
General purpose: This position will manage the communications and engagement for Baltimore Creatives Acceleration Network (B/CAN), which provides, as needed, just in time support for arts entrepreneurs of all disciplines and backgrounds in an effort to foster a stronger, more equitable creative ecosystem and economy in Baltimore.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensure B/CAN’s programming is promoted effectively to target audiences
• Curate B/CAN’s resource library & tools
• Maintain B/CAN’s website and social media
• Develop creative, compelling, and clear content and copy for various B/CAN communications platforms including: email distribution list, social media, website, vimeo and press releases; ensure content is regularly updated, accurate, and brand voice appropriate
• Create promotional materials and impact reports for B/CAN and manage their production and distribution
• Greet visitors and field general inquiries from the public regarding B/CAN and its programs
• Function as B/CAN’s in-house small business resource navigator and intake person, assisting entrepreneurs and connecting them with educational materials and leads
• Ensure B/CAN programs have high quality photo, video, and written documentation, including identifying service providers as needed.
• Research and cross-promote related initiatives and existing resources that support arts entrepreneurs
• Assist Executive Director and MICA Advancement Team with grant writing and reporting
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Organized self-starter who works well both independently and within a team environment
• Ability to navigate evolving, diverse and complex partnerships and community relationships
• Effective oral, written and visual communications skills
• Basic graphic design, photography, and videography skills
• Proficiency with web CMS, social media platforms, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
• Proven experience promoting programs in the arts
• Entrepreneurial experience
• Interest in research and discovery
Reporting to this position: N/A
Conditions of Employment:
• Conditions: Background Check
• Will require working events and meetings throughout Baltimore City, occasional evenings and weekends, blackout periods, may require travel