The Center for Information Technology Services (CITS) has an exciting opportunity available for an IT Enterprise Application Analyst. The selected candidate will be part of a project team tasked with updating and supporting the UMB Ellucian Banner Student system. They will under general direction/design/configure, test and assist in the implementation of functional aspects of the application software. This may entail drafting new business processes and/or developing functional specifications for configuring application features or developing campus reports. Typical duties also include: collaborating with customers and project stakeholders/ configuring software, analyzing and automating processes, develop scripts/programs, monitoring critical business activities, troubleshooting and resolving issues and escalating complex matters to the appropriate project resources.
This is an exempt, regular position and offers a generous benefits package that includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and observed holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.
- Designs/ configures, tests and maintains enterprise-wide software application business functions.
- Assesses business practices and requirements and analyzes ERP software applications to evaluate available solutions.
- Acts as a liaison between end users and technical team to address issues and recommend solutions.
- Provides functional support of the production ERP application by working directly with campus users.
- Gathers business requirements from users and creates functional designs to enhance functionality of the ERP application and/or reports.
- Assists in the design and development of new business processes by applying knowledge of ERP application functionality in conjunction with understanding of organization specific needs.
- Creates and execute test plans, evaluates results and documents new features for system enhancements.
- Assists in setting up and maintaining application security for campus community.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field.
Experience: Two (2) years of experience with a Student Administration ERP applications such as Ellucian Banner, Ellucian Recruit CRM^ or Ellucian Degree Works. This may include working as power user of an ERP/enterprise wide application system, or providing functional support to other users of ERP/enterprise-wide student administrative systems.
Working knowledge of Banner modules including Student/Recruitment, Application, Registration/Financial Aid, Student Billing, Degree Audit and Self Service is preferred.
In depth knowledge of generally accepted Academic/Student practices and business processes.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- In-depth knowledge of Student related Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) application functionality.
- Ability to serve as a knowledgeable campus resource in at least one aspect of an enterprise application
- Analytical thinking skills with an ability to solve problems and integrate solutions.
- Experience working with relational database technology, including SQL or PL/SQL programming.
- Ability to recognize opportunities to leverage technology to deliver best practice solutions for campus business functions.
- Ability to understand application data and system processing flow as well as the impact it has on business operations.
- Ability to work with technical staff to troubleshoot development/production/integration issues.
- Ability to develop and execute real world test cases to ensure quality software delivery.
- Ability to multi-task in work that is highly complex and varied in nature.
- Ability to support users and assist them in the use of application software.
- Ability to provide support to and work collaboratively with both functional and technical staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to understand and develop business process workflow and logic flowcharts.
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience.
If accommodations are needed, contact Staffing & Career Services at 410-706-2606, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.