Agora Financial is looking for a Front-end Web Designer to join our team. The Front-end Web Designer is responsible for designing and building sales letter landing pages using HTML and CSS to acquire subscribers. Additionally, they are responsible for conceptualizing, producing, managing, and optimizing graphic assets for use across landing pages, sales funnels, and ads. The person in this role works closely with the copywriter to conceptualize the graphic assets for landing pages and the layout of the page, and then implements these designs in our proprietary content hosting software according to best practices within the timeline of the project.
Beyond designing, building, and testing the functionality of these pages, the person in this role collaborates closely with copywriters, designers, marketers, and web developers to conceptualize and build new front-end code variations for A/B and multivariate testing to enhance the user experience and drive an increase in sales. The ideal person for this role sees themselves primarily as a designer, but also a front-end developer and couples their skills with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop with their working knowledge of HTML and CSS to implement their designs and seek to perpetually optimize the elements used across promotions.
Agora Financial is an Agora company, a network of companies comprised of more than 800 professionals in Baltimore that enjoy some of the top workplaces in the city, according to The Baltimore Sun. In fact, in 2017, five Agora Companies were recognized by The Sun as Top Workplaces, and The Agora’s Mount Vernon Campus was even featured in the Baltimore Business Journal’s online Cool Digs column. If you think you’ve got what it takes, apply ASAP. This opportunity won’t last long.
- Seek to beat the “control” design elements for promos including order forms.
- Proactively collaborate with copywriters, developers, and/or video producers to define the message and specs for the graphic design and web development elements in a project.
- Master the use of our primary system to build landing pages.
- Design multiple iterations of design elements to optimize clarity and persuasiveness.
- Seek out feedback from copywriter, team members, and legal reviewers for graphic assets in a timely manner in order to allow for revisions and re-iterations.
- Deliver final assets to team members in a timely manner.
- Review and provide feedback regarding sales funnel pages.
- Manage an up-to-date and secure archive of all assets that is accessible to team members.
- Research and implement persuasion techniques to enhance designs.
- Proactively re-iterate control designs for a/b or multivariate testing.
- Proactively learn how to leverage other languages to streamline the development of pages as well as expand functionality and capability.
- Deliver projects in a timely manner in order to allow for feedback collection, testing, and revisions within the timeline of the project.
- Seek to learn how to analyze testing data in order to draw insights for further optimization.
- Proactively seek to optimize current control designs.
- Stay abreast of best practices to improve UI/UX, streamline workflow, or test potential drivers of sales.
- Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sublime/Atom/Dreamweaver, Foundation, using FTPs, CSS, and HTML.
- Being fast learner, able to become versed in all Paradigm Press.
Being a part of our team, and an employee of The Agora, is an opportunity that’s highly sought after. Sounds like a pretty good gig, doesn’t it? But don’t take our word for it. We’ll answer any and every question you’ve got about what it’s like to work for this Baltimore Sun Top Workplace… but you’ve got to get the interview first.
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter to the link provided.
About Agora Financial
Agora Financial provides independent economic commentary through print and online publications, print and e-books, films and international conferences. For over 25 years, Agora Financial has been a leading innovator in the financial publishing industry. Not only have our economic forecasts been uncannily accurate, but we’ve consistently beaten the mainstream financial media to the punch.
Agora Financial readers were aware of the housing bubble, the credit bubble, the excesses underlying the Panic of ’08, the pending collapse of Lehman Bros. and the bankruptcy of American Airlines well before they happened — and in many cases, were able to prosper while other investors got blindsided.
Executive publisher Addison Wiggin, a New York Times best-selling author and the driving force behind the critically acclaimed documentary film I.O.U.S.A, and our editorial team continue to challenge traditional publishing outlets by offering irreverent, insightful commentary where others fear to tread. Agora Financial editors’ consistent ability to stay ahead of the mainstream has earned recognition from dozens of media sources, including The Wall Street Journal, The Economist, Financial Times and others.
Learn more about Agora Financial at http://agorafinancial.com/.