We are seeking a Full-Stack Developer who will wear many hats. This is an excellent opportunity for any experienced engineer that has a track record of success within high performing, dynamic teams and that enjoys a start-up environment. Our leadership team has decades of combined experience leading, acquiring and selling successful Adtech and Analytics companies in public and private markets. If you want a challenging job that allows you to be creative, strategic and entrepreneurial while having fun working with a team of high performing individuals then we want to talk with you.
We are committed to building careers, not jobs. That means that developers can learn the capital funding process, and data scientists can learn B2B marketing. We want to help develop well-rounded business leaders – some of whom will use these skills within a technical domain, and others of whom will become company founders and general managers.
Beyond competitive cash compensation, we believe in equity participation as we're looking for dedicated folks willing to put in the effort to build a winning product and team.
KEY CHALLENGES WILL INCLUDE
• Coding complex algorithms for fast, reliable execution
• Structuring queries against large, heterogeneous data sets
• Evaluating and instilling best practices into the development process, including automated testing, code organization and style and application architecture within an agile development environment
• Evaluating potential new technologies
• Understanding / deploying technologies to ensure operational redundancy and security
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
A successful candidate will have at least several years of professional development experience and be comfortable in a fluid, entrepreneurial environment. He or she will likely have many of the following characteristics:
• Server, network and hosting environment expertise
• Strong understanding of the file system, cloud storage, network resources and an understanding of data redundancy and availability
• Understanding application scaling given hardware constraints
• Data modeling expertise – building the data model as the foundation of an efficient stack that doesn’t require excessive logic layer complexity as the application grows.
• Creating a thoughtfully normalized relational model, complete with foreign keys, indexes, views, lookup tables, etc.
• Using various relational and NoSQL databases as appropriate
• Expertise integrating complex business logic into production applications
• Understanding the economic value the application provides to and relating this to trade-offs in designing the logic layer
• Writing clear, consistent, easy to use interfaces.
• Teaming with designers, data scientist and business leads in an iterative process.
• You are FUN to work with. If you know how to work hard, play hard and have fun doing both we want to talk to you.
• Strong CS degree from leading program.
Compensation: $75K – $150K / 0.1% – 2.0%
Visa Sponsorship: Not available