University of Maryland Baltimore, The Center for Information Technology Services (CITS) has an exciting opportunity available for a PeopleSoft Enterprise Application Analyst. The selected candidate will, under general direction, design, configure, test and support the UMB PeopleSoft HCM application to meet campus business requirements.
UMB offers a generous benefits package that includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.
- Provide functional support of the production PeopleSoft HCM application working directly with users in managing issues and enhancement requests
- Act as a liaison between end users and technical team to address issues and recommend solutions.
- Gather business requirements from users and create functional designs to enhance functionality of application pages, processes and reports
- Assist in the design and development of new business processes by applying knowledge of PeopleSoft application in conjunction with understanding of organization-specific needs
- Create and execute test plans, evaluate results and document new features for system enhancements.
- Communicate and coordinate with other team members to ensure project goals are met.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, Finance, or related field
Experience: Two (2) years experience with PeopleSoft HCM 9.1 or higher
Equivalent six (6) years combination of formal human resource information systems & enterprise application education/training and/or enterprise application support experience.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft HCM 9.1 modules including Administer Workforce, Base Benefits, Time and Labor, Payroll and Commitment Accounting
- Knowledge of generally accepted human resource practices and business processes.
- Ability to serve as a knowledgeable campus resource in at least one PeopleSoft HCM module.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Analytical thinking skills with an ability to solve problems and integrate solutions.
- Ability to recognize opportunities to leverage technology to deliver best practice solutions for campus business functions
- Ability to understand application data and system processing flow as well as the impact it has on business operations.
- Ability to work with technical staff to troubleshoot development/production/integration issues.
- Ability to develop and execute real world test cases to ensure quality software delivery
- Ability to multi-task in work that is highly complex and varied in nature.
- Ability to support users and assist them in the use of application software.
- Ability to provide support to and work collaboratively with both functional and technical staff
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to understand and develop business process workflow and logic flowcharts.
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills
Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience
If accommodations are needed for a disability, please contact Staffing & Career Services at 410-706-2606, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.