Money Map Press, an Agora company and one of the fastest-growing financial news sites on the web, is looking for a full-time in-house Laravel Developer to work within its rapidly expanding production team. This role is based on The Agora’s main campus set in Baltimore City’s historic and cultural hub called Mount Vernon – where every day, roughly 1,200 people work as part of the organization.
In 2016 and 2017, Money Map Press was recognized as one of The Baltimore Sun’s Top Workplaces. You can learn more about life at Money Map Press by checking out their “Workplace Highlight” post on 14 West’s WestWord blog.
- Assist in defining requirements for each development project.
- Build full featured Laravel Applications.
- Work with 3rd party APIs to enhance website functionality.
- Maintain and develop features for several custom Laravel applications.
- 3+ years of web development experience with Laravel.
- 3+ years of PHP experience.
- 3+ years of HTML/CSS experience.
- Familiarity with Git.
- Familiarity with modern front-end development stacks (Laravel Mix, Gulp, Sass, Task runners, preprocessors, etc.)
- Understanding of Laravel Documentation.
- Understanding of REST APIs.
- Proficiency with MySQL or other flavors of SQL.
- Experience balancing short term vs. long term needs, business needs, and customer needs.
- Experience working with a team of front-end and back-end developers and designers.
- Active collaborator (willing to share ideas and teach/learn from others).
- Familiarity with WordPress.
- An eye for UI/UX best practices.
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter to the link provided.
About Money Map Press
Money Map Press is a group of top experts focused on the global economy. Led by veteran publisher Mike Ward, they have one goal: to make investing profitable. Their subscribers get access to a team of investment experts with more than 250 years of combined experience who deliver analysis and actionable investing ideas to put subscribers on a path to greater wealth.
Working there can be heaven on Earth for someone who is hungry to learn and have a fun, fulfilling career.
But it’s not the place for everyone…
One of the qualities you need to possess to make it at Money Map Press is drive. And we mean “through-the-roof” kind of drive. The kind of drive that can – and has, actually – double a company’s size and revenues in just 18 months.
If passion drives everything you do, Money Map Press is looking for you.