Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes… and the athletes of tomorrow. We’re about performance – in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world’s hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House… I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! WILL YOU…PROTECT THIS HOUSE?!
The Software Engineering Managers works within the Under Armour E-Commerce department on our highly scalable systems. This position must demonstrate a high degree of initiative and is accountable for the thorough implementation of all software related tasks. This is a hands-on position where you will be encouraged to dig into code so that you can make smart decisions about the design and architecture of new features and enhancements. You will also be helping to shape the culture within our engineering department by building a team around you and gaining the trust of the engineers who will be reporting to you. We are looking for people whose passion for technology is infectious which means, of course, that your ability to communicate effectively is critical to your success in this role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Thoroughly understand the traditional agile model and adapt it to fit the needs of your team and the company
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to team members as needed for completion of work items
- Develop project schedules and monitor project progress in conjunction with the product management team
- Assist all software engineers with design, architecture and hands-on coding as needed
- Responsible for mentorship, evaluations, conflict resolution and recognition of the staff to maintain highly motivated and engaged employees
- Mentor team members on technical and professional skills to enable career growth for team members
- Demonstrate a high degree of initiative and be accountable for the correct and timely completion of all tasks assigned
- Deliver quality work with clear, well-commented code as scheduled in accordance with technical design and product requirements
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on new programming methods and technologies
- Quality Engineers
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proven leadership abilities including: experience with training and/or coaching, delivering feedback, goal setting, and performance evaluation.
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills including the ability to summarize and present information so as to influence various levels within the organization.
- Proactive and energetic individual who has an excellent ability to communicate, collaborate, and coordinate projects within a Scrum development process.
- Ability to excel in a fast paced team environment, adapt to shifting urgencies, manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, debugging and documentation skills
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- BS in CS or 10+ years of comparable experience
- High proficiency in server-side technologies such as NodeJS and/or Scala
- High proficiency in data store technologies such as MSSQL, postgreSQL, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Redis
- Expertise and experience in site performance profiling and tuning
- High proficiency with source control including Git
- Proficiency with command line navigation
- Familiarity with cutting-edge open source libraries and experience contributing to projects of personal interest a plus
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services administration a plus
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.