Our mission as a leading investment management firm is to help our clients achieve their long-term financial goals. We believe our associates are the key to this mission and we are always looking for talented individuals who share our commitment to our client’s success.
If you’re looking for challenging work experiences and the ability to learn in a collaborative culture, we invite you to explore the opportunities available at T. Rowe Price.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Marketing Specialist partners with College Saving Plans marketing managers and College Savings Plan state partners and segment marketing lead to support and develop new and on-going marketing initiatives for the marketing team. This role prioritizes workflow, project requests, campaign services, design services, content updates, data requests, content creation, presentation services, and communication services as required. The marketing specialist will also manage aspects of legal and compliance campaign management. The Marketing Specialist will be expected to develop and display mid-level expertise of segment/audience needs.
Manages and leads new and on-going marketing initiatives– Works with Marketing Managers, shared services and external vendors to support and sometimes lead initiatives. Activities will be focused on the execution of annual marketing plans and the related development of materials, content, campaigns and events to drive business goals. Should be able to make decisions about the fit of initiatives to meeting client marketing plans and business level KPIs. Must be able to coordinate marketing projects and output by communicating effectively between multiple internal customers. Must be prepared to add value by suggesting and implementing creative solutions to further business goals. Is responsible for escalating priority items and working with internal partners to manage changing priorities. Tracking and reporting all work is required to ensure transparency for college savings plans leadership and external clients.
Project Assistance and Leadership – Serves as a project lead for projects that may include campaign initiatives, creating and editing content, developing and editing communications, developing or editing client presentations, or general business support. Must be able to make decisions and serve as an advocate for the business or marketing managers if required. Works on plan level projects which will include some process improvement, workflow management, and compliance initiatives. Prioritizes workflow, project requests, campaign services, design services, content updates, data requests, content creation, presentation services, and communication services as required. The specialist serves as “brand” ambassador for all three direct sold plans with internal agency, legal, GBST and other business partners for projects and campaigns, ensuring that marketing campaigns and collateral meet plan brands and client expectations.
Process improvement – Ensures efficient and effective processes using knowledge of marketing, production, fulfillment and design processes. Identifies opportunities and makes recommendations for process improvements. Advocates for process improvement and works with marketing managers to streamline and improve processes. Coordinates changes to process with marketing managers and ensures documentation of the process change is accurate.
Data and Reporting – Understands campaign systems and data for the College Savings Team and IRPS organization. Fulfills data and reporting requests required by marketing managers and leads as needed. Is able to take complex data and reporting and make it actionable and relevant to managers and executives.
- College degree and 1 year of related work experience, or Associate degree and 3 years related work experience, or High School diploma/equivalent and 5 years related work experience
- Strong process/project management skills
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects
- Comfortable with developing/managing detail-oriented processes
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal and people management skills
- PC literate (MS Office Suite)
- Experience with database management
- Ability to work on a fast-paced ever changing environment and remain flexible.
- Comprehension of technology including web, email, social media, and fulfillment and how it relates to marketing communications and effectiveness.
- Ability to understand prioritization and marketing forecast for all products
- Knowledge of sales and marketing principles
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with marketing or advertising agency
- Financial services experience preferred
- Communication experience preferred