At tronc we are growing product, data and engineering teams to power the future of digital news and promote quality journalism. We’re looking for a wide range of smart and talented engineers, experts in their field who can come in and teach us a thing or two. If you are a multitalented engineer with a thirst for more who can fit into our culture of collaboration, building and learning, we want to talk to you!
As a Newsroom Product Engineer you will represent technology in your local market’s newsroom and collaborate with the editorial, marketing, advertising and sales groups as well as our product and engineering teams in LA and Chicago. You will solve for internal and end customer problems and scale those solutions to meet business objectives. The person in this role will have an opportunity to build cutting edge user experiences and work with teams defining the future evolution of digital media.
Things we are looking for:
- BA/BS degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 4 years development experience as a Software Engineer working on customer-facing systems
- A passion for… your favorite JS framework. Angular? React? Backbone? jQuery? Tell us why
- Grunt / Gulp, SASS / LESS
- Experience working with a variety of Content Management Systems and APIs
- Strong understanding of Git fundamentals
- Experience working with video and an understanding of the basics of ad systems
- Experience with data driven and testing based decision-making
- Smarts, humility, creativity, and equal willingness to teach and learn
Bonus points for…
- AWS (or other cloud services platform) experience
- NoSQL database and/or RDBMS experience