PayPal's Credit Organization is responsible for managing the risk throughout the lifecycle of PayPal's credit products. This is an exciting organization where the contributions by the team members can really help PayPal's bottom line and create experiences that our customers love. We’re looking for an experienced ODM rules developer to join our team who will be responsible for implementing and managing Credit Underwriting strategies in ODM.
Primary Job Responsibilities
The developer manages the BRMS of various credit platforms including architecture, design, development, UAT, and release cycle management. The role utilizes strong technical and analytical skills to understand the business processes and translate them into technical flows for implementation in BRMS. Persons in this role will need to perform the following: Implement and Test projects against tight timelines, Execute a wide variety of UNIX commands and scripts, Test web services, create automated test scripts using soapUI and collaborate with teams in various locations
Minimum Requirements: Master’s or Bachelor’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Engineering or closely related field and four (4) years of experience in the job offered or four (4) years of progressively responsible experience as a software engineer.
- Java [2 years]
- Experience coding in BRMS, specifically with Ilog/IBM ODM
- Experience with Rule Designer, Creating BOM/XOM, execution algorithms, ruleset generation and debugging
- Translating business requirements to business rules in ODM
- Experience with XML & designing/building XSD’s
- System architecture/design experience
- Experience working with RDBMS
- Strong SQL Skills
- Experience using SAS and building reporting using SAS
- Experience testing web services using SoapUI or similar tool
- Ability to communicate clearly with development teams