Our mission as a leading investment management firm is to help our clients achieve their long-termfinancial goals. We believe our associates are the key to this mission and we arealways looking fortalented individuals who share our commitment to our client’s success.
If you’re looking for challenging work experiences and the ability to learn in a collaborative culture, weinvite you to explore the opportunities available at T. Rowe Price.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Working under general direction, the Project Leader is responsible for managing multiple projects, enhancements and deliverables across several key applications. The Project Leader will partner with the business stakeholders in Finance, Procurement, and other Corporate system areas to manage medium to large size projects, various enhancements, upgrades, and system replacements. This person will be managing project scope, schedule, budget, will be providing direction to the project team in order to ensure alignment with business and project objectives, and will be responsible for successful delivery of the overall technology initiatives.
Develops project definition in partnership with development and business sponsors for multiple projects and enhancements with multiple deliverables or components. Defines the project constraints and deliverables. Develops or provides input to the project schedule, adjusts the project schedule, and manages the schedule performance. Communicate with stakeholders across T. Rowe Price to ensure the project objectives, enhancements and fixes have been addressed according to customer expectations. Reports progress against the schedule to the business and/or development teams on a periodic basis.
Estimates staff resource needs for analysts, developers, and consultants. Works with Project Manager to assign resources to meet project objectives for the multiple, concurrent projects and enhancements with multiple deliverables or components being managed. Estimates material and other resource needs to meet project objectives. Provides input to the Project Manager for project budgets and manages expenditures to project plan budget.
Prepares or reviews project documentation and deliverables and assures it is complete, acceptable and in accordance with standards. Facilitates project status meetings with the project team on a regular basis and provides status to the Project Manager. Provides updates and feedback to clients on progress.
Develops or provides input to the project Risk Plan and Mitigation Strategy and manages project risks throughout the project. Manages project Issues and Change Control Requests to resolution.
Indirectly manages a team of solutions analysts and/or developers in the development and implementation of solutions and applications across the firm. Provides coaching and mentoring to staff in order to deliver quality service and solutions to business customers.
- 4 to 6 years of software project management experience in Finance (e.g. Oracle, Workday Financials, other ERP systems) and Procurement/ Source to Pay systems (e.g. Coupa)
- Demonstrated high level of analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to meet with clients of varying levels
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to translate technical concepts into non-technical terms
- Ability to manage medium to complex product development projects
- Strong understanding of MS Project
- Demonstrated successful mastery of major components of the solutions lifecycle development methodology in the context of major systems implementations
- Ability to work well with people with varying technical abilities
- Excel and Visio experience
- Strong knowledge of business processes related to business channel supported
- College degree and 6 years of related work experience, or Associate degree and 8 years related work experience, or High School diploma/equivalent and 10 years related work experience
- 7 to 10 years of technology work experience
- College degree in technical area, finance, or business preferred
- PMP certification
- Experience with projects in multiple cloud technologies, preferably in Financial industry
- Experience in Agile environment preferred
- Experience in Corporate Systems a plus
- Experience in the Financial Services industry a plus
T. Rowe Price is an Equal Opportunity Employer