Ainsley & Co. is looking for an experienced Senior Copywriter to join our growing team in Harbor East. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record as a copywriter, with experience delivering creative, compelling copy that connects with customers and drives action for our business and retail clients across a variety of industries.
The Senior Copywriter will review background and strategy briefs in addition to conducting their own research in order to deliver interesting, attention-grabbing headlines and supporting copy for websites, print ads, sales collateral, landing pages, and emails. They’ll develop longer form copy for e-books, press releases, whitepapers, and blog posts. They’ll also originate scripts for radio and television commercials as needed.
The Senior Copywriter will work in a fast-paced environment, working on projects for multiple clients in a wide range of industries, and must be able to quickly switch hats. They will show leadership, integrity, confidentiality, and good judgment when working with clients and other team members.
- Develop creative strategies and compelling messaging that are forward-thinking and in-line with current media trends
- Turn strategy briefs into compelling themes/messaging that connects with our clients’ customers
- Deliver copy that clearly distinguishes our clients from their competitors in any execution
- Work with Project Managers, Account Managers, and members of the design and development teams to bring ideas and compelling messaging to life through a variety of mediums
- Present multiple ideas to clients and agency leadership
- Contribute to new business pitches
- Offer creative ideas while encouraging other team members to draw on their experiences to fuel discussion
- Ensure copy adheres to the approved brand & messaging guidelines to maintain positive corporate identity.
- Show integrity, confidentiality and good judgment when working with clients
- Strong organizational skills that reflect an ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- A confident approach to creativity that is also persuasive
- Strong familiarity with digital media strategies as it relates to design, copy and web best practices and guidelines
- The ability to build relationships with clients, team members, and external partners
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high-performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong project management communication skills, both oral and in writing
- The ability to translate marketing objectives into clear creative messaging
- Application of best practices within copy related to digital media and implementation of SEO strategies
What You Can Expect
- We are hardworking, open, honest, and kind. We support each other and our clients, and only work with clients and team members that share our values
- Company-issued laptop (Mac or PC based on preference)
- An enthusiastic team to help you grow
- A company that is growing quickly with opportunity for advancement
- Employer-sponsored health insurance plan
- Retirement plan options with company match
- Flexible work environment
- Fun, open office environment in Baltimore’s Harbor East neighborhood