Job Description Summary
As a member for the Finance and Enabling Systems – Asset Liability Management (ALM) and Hedging, the Senior .NET Developer will develop specifications for new and existing systems and deal with clients to determine needs and requirements. The Senior .NET Developer will provide training to co-workers and prepare presentations as well as provide direction on projects and supervise the tasks of other members of the project.
- Develops specifications and technical design for complex projects.
- Models business processes and data.
- Assists in creation and execution of test plans for integration and system tests.
- Designs, codes, tests, and documents programs and sub-systems.
- Designs systems, sub-systems or program.
- Coordinates with co-workers, clients, operations, technical support, and vendors.
- Interfaces with clients to determine requirements, resolve problems, and perform testing.
- Analyzes system and program requirements for complex projects.
- Identifies multiple solutions to complex problems.
- Designs and develops specifications for complex or cross-functional systems and data structures.
- Analyzes and recommends tools.
- Plans and completes complex IT projects.
- Champions standards, SOX, and best practices.
- Demonstrates advanced understanding of software development and research tools
- Is a resource to others in solving problems and works independently. Prepares presentations and leads meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or technically related field, or equivalent education/experience.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience.
- Masters degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related technical field with 3 years experience is also acceptable.
- Experience with Charles River Investment Management Solutions, Murex, securities processing or derivatives trading.
- Ability to resolve most of complex problems and errors that occur for processes and applications in a division.
- Experience with Oracle, AWS or Azure platforms.
- Heavy exposure to data driven development, data analytics, timeseries analysis and statistics.
- Knowledge of MVC, RESTful Services and Web API's.
Behavioral & Leadership Competencies
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to multi task and meet deadlines.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to work independently and with little direct supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills.
At Transamerica we promote a Future Fit mindset. What is a Future Fit mindset?
- Acting as One fosters an environment of positive collaboration.
- Accountability allows us to own the problem as well as the solution.
- Agility inspires new ideas, innovation and challenges the status quo.
- Customer Centricity encourages an above and beyond approach to our customer.
- Normal office environment.
- Minimal travel (less than 10%).
- May be required to work outside normal business hours due to special projects or on-call situations.