Are you a developer who loves building new things? Do you ensure what you build is scalable? Are you creative and not afraid to think outside the box to come up with creative solutions that pushes the boundaries? How do you feel about an environment that will not only listen to your ideas but truly wanting you to share?
Agora Financial, a Baltimore-based independent publisher, an Agora company, is looking for a highly intelligent senior developer that loves to figure out complex problems and make solutions simple for everyone. If you are the type of person who loves building great websites and web applications, there could be a spot on this growing development team for you.
This individual will work closely with other developers to develop high performance, highly scalable, custom applications for the web. He or she will support, extend and/or enhance existing codes, identify areas that can be improved, and deliver solutions from start to finish. The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to continue improving your skill sets and to stay on the cutting edge of web development.
- Assist in defining requirements for each development project.
- Build full featured WordPress Sites using custom theming and custom plugins.
- Work with 3rd party APIs to enhance website functionality.
- Maintain and develop features for several custom WordPress sites.
- 3+ years of web development experience with WordPress.
- 3+ years of PHP experience.
- 3+ years of HTML/CSS experience.
- Familiarity with principles of mobile-first, responsive web design.
- Familiarity with Git.
- Familiarity with modern front-end development stacks (Gulp, Sass, Task runners, preprocessors, etc.)
- Understanding of WordPress API.
- Understanding of REST APIs.
- Proficiency with MySQL or other flavors of SQL.
- Experience balancing short term vs. long term needs, business needs, and customer needs.
- Experience working with a team of front-end and back-end developers and designers.
- Active collaborator (willing to share ideas and teach/learn from others).
- Familiarity with PHP MVC frameworks (Laravel).
- An eye for UI/UX best practices.
About Agora Financial
Agora Financial provides independent economic and alternative health ideas to help everyday folks live a more independent, healthy and wealthy life. They publish these ideas through print and online publications.
Agora Financial is all about "fat-tail" ideas.
Everyone on the team needs to be OK with continuous testing. Which means they also need to be OK with failing. At AF, failing = learning. And the minute you stop taking chances, shaking things up, and exploring new ideas is the minute you fall behind.
They believe in putting in the hard work, and pushing one another. They believe that personal growth and development of individuals is only a small piece of the pie. And that the real wins are higher quality products for subscribers, and success for the team at large.