Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes… and the athletes of tomorrow. We’re about performance – in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world’s hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House… I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! WILL YOU…PROTECT THIS HOUSE?!
Under Armour is seeking a hands-on Sr. Global Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Manager who can develop and execute a robust organic search strategy as we continue to scale. He/she will manage the strategic and tactical SEO roadmap for Under Armour and all of the UA Connected Fitness digital platforms, including MyFitnessPal and MapMyFitness. This position will collaborate closely with Editorial, Content, Web Development, Analytics, Marketing and Ecom teams on a day-to-day basis to carry out SEO strategies, content integrations, and execution tactics. While initially most of the work will be North America centric, the long term expectation is that this role will create SEO strategies that can be applied globally.
He/She will be responsible for achieving SEO traffic and revenue growth goals, and will do so through the creation, execution and completion of critical SEO strategies and execution. This individual will be the internal liaison with global cross functional teams to implement SEO best practices across areas including (but not limited to): technical best practices, keyword optimization, meta data & site structure improvements, link building, social media best practices, and integration with paid media and PR strategies. We’re looking for a proactive SEO expert with strong collaboration and leadership skills, a roll up your sleeves mentality, and demonstrated experience successfully growing the SEO channel at other leading retail and ecommerce brands.
- Accelerate organic search growth in Under Armour digital properties including Ecom, UA Shop App and our Connected Fitness platforms.
- Exceed SEO traffic and revenue goals across each of these properties.
- Lead global SEO strategy, creating and executing a roadmap of initiatives to improve performance.
- Develop a playbook that will drive shared success across global regions/markets.
- Regularly analyze and report on SEO performance, including traffic, revenue, conversion, rankings, and share of voice – leveraging internal reporting, Google Search Console, and additional 3rd party reporting tools.
- Partner with Analytics to enhance/evolve SEO reporting and ensure data accuracy across all relevant presentations.
- Leverage insights to identify opportunities and formalize action plans.
- Utilize reporting to dive into issues and incidents as they occur, help resolve or escalate them to reach a resolution.
- INDUSTRY EXPERTISE:
- Stay on the leading edge of search engine industry trends, algorithm updates, and the competitive landscape.
- Proactively inform local and global internal teams and translate these findings into winning SEO strategies.
- TECHNICAL SEO EXPERTISE:
- Regularly identify technical opportunities to enhance SEO performance.
- Lead full technical audits across all relevant properties. Analyze results and build a prioritized action plan in partnership with Ecom, Shop App and Connected Fitness development teams.
- Manage domains across the organization in partnership with cross functional teams.
- Regularly maintain sitemaps and robots.txt files to improve SEO performance.
- CONTENT OPTIMIZATION & LINK BUILDING:
- Lead SEO content marketing strategies and implementation. Work closely with editorial and content team to ensure articles, videos and imagery are visible in relevant search results. Collaborate with writers to develop keyword-targeted content, copy editing and review written articles.
- Perform keyword research and identify content gaps to target, emerging trends, seasonal opportunities.
- Provide on-page optimization recommendations for meta data, headings, internal links and URLs.
- Partner with internal and external teams to conduct site content audits with the goal of increasing SEO quality, engagement and traffic generation.
- Create link strategies and coordinate with content, merchandising and technical teams to ensure growth in domain authority.
- INNOVATE, TEST & LEARN:
- Lead, execute, and project manage a range of initiatives to innovate and improve, from meta data experiments to architectural site-changes, working closely with technical and merchandising teams.
- Run experiments to prove the value of your ideas and help them scale.
- Seek opportunities to improve the customer experience.
- LEAD BEST PRACTICES:
- Responsible for providing best practice for redesigns, migrations and site taxonomies that can lead to accelerated organic traffic growth.
- Write Marketing Requirements and Brand Requirements docs (MRD’s/BRD’s) to create SEO features that drive revenue and brand engagement .
- INTERNAL COLLABORATION:
- Partner with Paid Search and PLA teams to develop a holistic search marketing strategy, driving efficiency, cost savings, and incremental revenue.
- Work closely with digital marketing peers, technical teams and cross functional Ecom and Connected Fitness teams to implement SEO initiatives and drive growth.
- Work closely with Analytics to understand the impact of SEO activities and to understand incremental revenue and ROAS for new initiatives.
- Partner with retail teams to identify local SEO opportunities and drive traffic to our Factory House and Brand House stores.
- PROVEN: You come with 5 or more years of experience in organic search; experience in executing SEO in-house for large content/e-commerce sites a plus. You have proficient knowledge of how research and strategy informs content creation and optimization as well as the technical roadmap.
- EXPERIENCED: Strong analytical skills and ability to draw conclusions and determine strategies based on data. You have knowledge and understanding of analytics platforms such as Google Analytics and Omniture.
- A COMMUNICATOR: Whether written or oral, your communication skills are outstanding in any context. You have the ability to communicate with stakeholders in order to understand their needs and transform conversations into action as it applies to website changes.
- KNOWLEDGEABLE: Working knowledge with sitemaps, robots.txt, webmaster tools, Ad Words, best of breed SEO tools (seoClarity, Conductor, Brightedge, Ahrefs, DeepCrawl, SEMrush, Screaming Frog, etc.) and HTML
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 8+ years of Search Engine Optimization experience, preferably in-house at an Ecom retail or digital publishing business.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in marketing, science, business or computer sciences keep up with algorithm changes and adjust accordingly.
- Track record of delivering SEO strategies that led to increased traffic and engagement performance as well as tangible business growth.
- Ability to understand and develop content strategy for SEO purposes as well as larger brand initiatives across paid and organic channels.
- Proven success in partnering with brand and paid marketing teams to develop integrated marketing campaigns that drive awareness, new customer acquisition, retention, and conversion to support existing and new product/service launches.
- Strong technical SEO skills as well as the ability to effectively communicate development needs into precise requirements. Familiarity with SQL, Hive, or Web crawling a big plus.
- Experience with keyword research, content optimization, ranking/traffic reporting and link building tools and off-page optimization tactics. Includes demonstrated ability to enhance organic rankings through on-page optimization tactics such as writing titles and descriptions, keyword density and h1-h2-h3 header tag analysis.
- Experience analyzing large data sets generated from multiple sources, including Web analytics, site crawls, and large third-party SEO databases.
- Advanced knowledge of Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics, Omniture and Webmaster tools.
- Must be comfortable presenting/explaining technical concepts to non-technical team.
- Ability to work and be flexible in fast paced environment.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.