SparkPost solutions power many of the worlds largest, most complex email, text and cross-channel messaging operations. Our solutions enable companies to integrate messaging with any number of data sources and applications in order to orchestrate real-time two-way customer interactions through any messaging stream. The result is more effective customer communication that boosts engagement, drives down costs, increases revenue and builds closer relationships. We are a cloud-first with customers including Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Rackspace, Match.com, and Zynga. Our products and services include SparkPost.com, SparkPost Elite, Momentum, and PowerMTA.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Software Engineer for our Columbia, MD office. The ideal candidate must be energetic, organized and a detail oriented team player and will be an integral part of our growing enterprise software company.
- Feature Enhancements – Work with the product team to define feature specifications and complete them with a production quality implementation including positive and negative test cases.
- Testing – Testing is a primary focus of our development process, and every engineer is responsible for augmenting our Perl Test::More-based automated test suite to guarantee test coverage on new and existing features.
- Debugging – Work with bugs originating from customer support tickets and internally produced bug reports. Solve issues in a timely manner. Analyze system behavior and performance issues, develop test cases to reproduce issues and develop fixes for the product to address these issues.
- Documentation – Ensuring documentation and product feature coherency.
- Experience building and deploying high quality, highly reliable, scalable enterprise software products in a team environment.
- Strong C programming skills with at least 2+ years of experience.
- Knowledge and experience with Linux system or kernel programming in C.
- Experience with multi-threaded and event-based programming techniques.
- Outstanding analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Troubleshooting using system tracing tools and debuggers.
- Familiarity with SMTP and other email related protocols a very strong plus.
- Experience with or exposure to NoSQL technologies a plus.
- Knowledge of Perl is a plus.
At SparkPost, we are committed to excellence and passionate about technology. We have high standards for our people and in turn offer a work environment that fosters training and development with a generous compensation and benefits package.