Excellent opportunity to work with SAI’s highly skilled, award-winning Digital practice. We are currently seeking a Senior User Experience (UX) Strategist with a strong “heart” for client service to work with our design and development teams, leading research and user experience tasks for websites and web applications we create. The successful candidate will have a passion for emerging digital marketing trends and technologies as well as a desire to produce excellent work.
You will have the opportunity to work with a talented team of user experience and content strategists, designers and developers, supporting our Higher Ed, Healthcare and Non-profit clients.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
- Plan and lead user experience research activities such as stakeholder interviews, focus groups, usability tests, task analysis, surveys, web analytics reviews, and field research in order to understand the context in which target audiences interact with websites/web applications.
- Create user personas to identify the motivations and tasks of primary audiences.
- Develop information architecture plans, navigation models, task flows, wireframes and user interface prototypes; present these deliverables to clients in both formal and informal settings.
- Propose and champion usability improvements based on research.
- Collaborate with design and development teams on large-scale implementations.
- Mentor and coach junior UX architects and strategists.
- Support the business development process by developing and maintaining client relationships, participating in prospect/client meetings and presentations, and providing UX scoping and project definition for proposals.
- Participate in marketing efforts, such as developing marketing content and delivering presentations, to enhance the visibility of SAI Digital and your own personal brand as a UX thought leader.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- An understanding of user-centered design methods and how to apply them.
- Passion for new technologies and emerging design patterns in the digital space; experience architecting responsive, mobile-first interfaces.
- An interest in and competence for solving real-world business problems (with technology as an enabler).
- Ability to connect the dots between strategic business needs and UX design problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Comfortable presenting your ideas in various levels of details to team members and key stakeholders.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and equivalent of 8+ years of related web or web application UX experience, including fluency with a wide range of UX methodologies and usability principles.
- Experience leading website or web application architecture projects from conception to build.
- Hands on experience with storyboarding, UI design, wireframing, and prototyping.
- Experience with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0), or desire to learn, highly desired.