Leidos is currently looking for a talented Signals Software Engineer for a key role on an emerging program in Columbia, MD area.
Responsibilities Will Include
- Developing, maintenance, and enhancement of signal processing software (e.g. detectors, demodulators, protocol processors)
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results
- Resolves software problem reports
- Utilize software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment
- Providing specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components
Required Skills And Experience
- Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional SSWE or equivalent experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- 12-15 years of experience as a SSWE or equivalent on a project with a focus on Radio Frequency (RF) to include experience with Fourier transforms, filtering, communications theory, digital modulation, error control coding, signals analysis tools (e.g. WVT, DVT), and digital signal processing (e.g. adaptive beamforming/filtering, demodulation).
Additional Experience Preferred
- Software defined radio architectures (e.g. SCA, REDHAWK, or GNU), commercial wireless standards
- Geolocation techniques, software configuration management tools (e.g. GIT, Clearquest, Trac, or Subversion)
- Google Protocol Buffer, model-based design (e.g. Matlab, SIMULINK)
- Service oriented architecture, Java or C++, Python, Eclipse IDE, and Linux OS.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Information Technology – Software