Laureate Education, Inc. is currently recruiting for dynamic IT Intern to join our Information Technology team for the 2017 Summer Internship Program. The intern will work primarily with our Student Portal Platform team on special projects and assignment related to the departmental objectives. Our company is growing rapidly and can provide you with the hands on experience and knowledge to put you on the fast track after graduation.
Laureate believes society is best served when its students, professors and employees use their collective skills and experiences to create positive and enduring change. This commitment is expressed through the company's philosophy of being 'Here for Good' and is represented by its status as a certified B Corporation® and conversion in 2015 to a U.S. Public Benefit Corporation, a new class of corporation committed to creating a positive impact on society.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with engineering teams in an Agile, collaborative environment to understand requirements, design, code and test high-quality web and mobile apps
- Identify specific issues in the user interface, recommending and implementing solutions that influence and improve design
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding
- Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on company products and services
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Working towards a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field
- Experience with Angular and Node JS
- Strong qualitative and analytical skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision