Port25 Solutions provides highly focused email delivery software that addresses the ever-expanding needs of client communications and digital messaging apps. Port25’s flagship product, PowerMTA, has a global footprint, with over 4,000 installations in more than 51 countries. PowerMTA offers enterprise email senders superior performance and advanced features for proactively managing their sender reputations. PowerMTA’s enterprise-level clients include Microsoft, Forbes, Turner Broadcasting, and the New York Times. Port25 Solutions, Inc. is also the standard platform used by 75% of Email Service Providers.
We are currently seeking a Software Engineer based in our Columbia, MD office, to join our team. The ideal candidate must be creative, organized and a detail oriented team player and will be an integral part of our growing enterprise software company.
- New features and enhancements: design and implement features and enhancements in PowerMTA, its APIs, its web interface, and its accompanying Management Console;
- Testing: work in a “test-first” manner, embedding testing as an integral part of software development;
- Participate in peer programmer code review;
- Troubleshoot and debug second level customer issues and create bug fixes;
- Contribute to documentation.
- Agile mindset;
- Strong C++ programming skills with at least 3 years experience;
- Good Java and JSF programming skills preferred;
- Good Perl programming skills;
- Understanding of network protocols and network programming;
- Familiarity with multi-threaded programming;
- Experience designing object oriented software;
- Experience using tools like make, Gradle, SVN, and GIT;
- Experience developing with the gcc compiler and tools;
- Candidate should have a Bachelor’s or higher degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited college or university.
At Port25, we are committed to excellence and passionate about technology. We have high standards for our people and in turn offer a work environment that fosters training and development with a generous compensation and benefits package.