The Software Engineer (SE) will be an integral part of the Advanced Innovation team which is responsible for both new product breakthrough engineering and cloud based development efforts. The position will have responsibility for developing customer portals, databases, API services and data analytics tools. These cloud based services will enhance and support a diverse portfolio of industrial tools.
The successful candidate who performs well in this role will have growth opportunities available within the business. Learn more about the Hydraulics business at www.stanleyhydraulic.com and learn more about Stanley Black & Decker at www.stanleyblackanddecker.com .
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Participate in software design and architecture sessions for the overall technical design along with the Systems Architect.
- Work with Systems Architect to develop timelines, milestones and level of effort.
- Lead development and maintenance of key system features.
- Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
- Work in a rapid development environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
- Create and maintain appropriate documentation for work performed.
- Communicate engineering issues and requirements to management and other stakeholders.
- Participate with cross-functional teams to drive innovation for Infrastructure business.
- Set direction on area of responsibility and work efficiently with internal and external customers.
- Participate in problem solving exercises (8D, Root Cause Analysis, etc.) that require a high degree of critical thinking.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field required.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to quickly gain expertise in a new technologies.
- Experience with Java & C code methodologies, technologies and frameworks (POJO, Spring, Maven, etc.).
- Understanding of data structures and design patterns (Collections, DI, IoC, MVC, TDD, etc.).
- Good coding habits (writing quality unit tests, comments, thoughtful naming, use of patterns where appropriate, etc.).
- Experience in developing Web Services and APIs (SOAP/REST).
- Experience with HTML/CSS/jQuery/Ajax.
- Experience with security frameworks.
- Experience with relational database systems (MS-SQL, MySQL, Oracle) and SQL in high volume transactional applications.