The PayPal Global Operations team is looking for a self-motivated Node.JS engineer and Java developer to join the team and help build low-latency, high-throughput web services and application front ends to help us continue to grow the capabilities in the Global Operations portfolio.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Participate in design, development and implementation of technical systems.
- Develop user interfaces for internal web applications using Node.JS and supporting frameworks.
- Implement shared components and frameworks using Java in a Linux/Solaris based environment.
- Work in an agile environment interacting with architects, cross functional engineering teams, Product Management, QA, and Credit teams to ensure we develop the correct product for the job at hand.
- Enhance and maintain existing product capabilities.
- Play an active role in providing feedback on new processes through design and code reviews.
- Experience with Node.JS and/or other web/UI frameworks
- Strong Java skills with knowledge of Java best practices.
- Understand the concepts around concurrency and transactions.
- Knowledge of distributed systems software design and understanding of TCP fundamentals.
- Experience with dependency injection frameworks (Spring, CDI, Guice, etc).
- Experience with object-relational mapping technologies (Hibernate, JPA etc)
- Experience with maven or other build tools.
- Knowledge of JAX-RS
- SQL experience (preferably Oracle).
- Understanding of Continuous Integration concepts.
- Understands security concepts and tooling including but not limited to PKI, Cryptography, along with how those apply to web concepts (HTTP(S), SSL/TLS, certificates etc)
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent.