Our mission as a leading investment management firm is to help our clients achieve their long-term financial goals. We believe our associates are the key to this mission and we are always looking for talented individuals who share our commitment to our client’s success.
If you’re looking for challenging work experiences and the ability to learn in a collaborative culture, we invite you to explore the opportunities available at T. Rowe Price.
The Technical Solutions Manager will oversee the technical team (Directs and Matrixed Resources) activities and be responsible for the end to end solutions delivery, including promotion to the production environment, handover to Enterprise Support Services teams, and support during the burn-in period. He/She may work on multiple technical solutions concurrently as appropriate.
Develops or provides input to the project schedule, adjusts the project schedule, and manages the schedule performance to the project plan schedule. Leads the technical solutions from inception to final business acceptance and implementation. Engages in change management activities as related to the technical solutions delivery and adoption.
- BS/BA degree and experience managing Java/J2EE development teams
- Experience in building web applications or web-services
- Experience with software testing concepts and technologies
- Experience in technology product evaluation and selection including web and mobile spaces
- Understanding of CI/CD technologies and processes
- Awareness of emerging technologies and best practices
- Ability to provide thought leadership in the development of strategy, design, and best practices
- Ability to inspire, mentor, and develop highly motivated technical talent
- Ability to work collaboratively with technical, and non-technical resources across the organization at all levels
- Ability to perceive patterns and relationships between technologies, processes, and business models
- Ability to build and maintain relationships based on mutual value.
- Ability to effectively address conflict and build consensus among various levels of leadership.
- Ability to manage medium to complex product development projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- BS degree in technical area or business preferred
- 7+ years of technology work experience including 3 years of people management experience and 4 or more years of managing projects preferred
- Experience with projects in multiple technologies and functions preferred
- Experience in Financial Services
- Experience with vendor management and SOW (Statement of Works).
- Technology experience/skills with Web Services, Distributed Systems, Cloud-Computing, and Web Applications development preferred
- Direct experience implementing AWS services
- Experience with Adobe Experience Manager
- Experience with CI/CD technologies and processes
- Experience in working with agile lifecycle (e.g. SCRUM, SAFe) and/or tracking and process management tools, e.g. Rally, JIRA
T. Rowe Price is an Equal Opportunity Employer