The Data Integration Specialist / SQL Developer will serve as the lead technical resource in the execution of large and complex projects involving our ERP/CRM system Advantage.
We are currently seeking a talented T-SQL developer with experience building complex solutions to meet asymmetric business requirements. The ideal candidate would also have experience in a subscription managementpublishing environment.
Reporting directly to the ERPCRM Solutions Manager located in Baltimore, MD. You will be part of a talented global team of ERP and Infrastructure specialists. This is a great opportunity to work on challenging international and domestic projects in a complex business environment with an application which supports a billion dollar company.
Publishing Services is an Agora Company. In 2017, five Agora Companies were recognized by The Sun as Top Workplaces, and The Agora’s Mount Vernon Campus was even featured in the Baltimore Business Journal’s online Cool Digs column. Being a part of our team, and an employee of The Agora companies, is an opportunity that’s highly sought after. If you think you’ve got what it takes, apply ASAP. This opportunity won’t last long.
- Become an expert in the Advantage system and related systems.
- Provide solutions to complex engineering and business tasks.
- Demonstrate a detail oriented, quality focused approach to solution development.
- Motivated outlook in regards to constant self-development.
- Provide initial analysis and produce accurate levels of effort.
- Document all project assets in an organized and up-to-date manner.
- Implement established Publishing Services processes in the course of his/her work.
- Troubleshoot problems and issues.
- Participate in code review in a technical capacity.
- Research emerging technologies and make recommendations for processes improvements.
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills.
- Ability to assess a task, sometimes without perfect or complete information.
- Exceptional communication skills and willingness to work as part of a diverse and effective team.
- Ability to analyze code and optimize performance.
- Possesses general business acumen.
- MS-SQL Server
- Required 4 years T-SQL language (queries, views, procedures)
- Required 4 years solid experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 and above. Must know SQL inside and out.
- In-depth knowledge of standard concepts best practices and procedures related to T-SQL development
- Experience Developing SSIS Packages
- Should have a strong working knowledge of packages and ETL processes.
- Should have 4+ years writing production deployed scripts and code.
- Advanced understanding of XML.
- Intermediate proficiency in utilizing REST and SOAP.
- Experience with JIRA or similar project management tool.
- Experience with automated testing tools and QA strategies a plus.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related Engineering or Information Sciences program from an accredited university. If not, the candidate must demonstrate commensurate experience in collaborative technical environments.
About Publishing Services
Publishing Services not only provides the platforms and systems that support more than 20 of the world’s leading privately owned media companies, but our passion and progressive ingenuity has helped shape and strengthen the industry at large. We build and support the enterprise applications used by entrepreneurial businesses to help them become highly profitable, and ultimately position them as frontrunners. From Analysis & Discovery to Prototype, Design & Development, from Information & Payment Processing to Order Fulfillment & Subscription Renewals, our expert teams strive to provide a fast-paced, flexible, and functional foundation for growth.
If you think you may belong at Publishing Services and could benefit from a deeper look inside of our office, be sure to check out our Workplace Highlight on WestWord. Read it here.