The Special Programs Group of Raytheon Applied Signal Technology is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to develop features for their airborne COMINT applications. The candidate will be able to design, develop, integrate, and debug software for system control, signal processing, and data analysis. The candidate must have a strong product development background with experience that includes software verification and product documentation. A candidate with a background in COMINT systems is desired. Familiarity with signal processing and one or more of the following applications is desired: detection, demodulation, direction-finding, geolocation.
Job duties will include developing control and analysis software, transforming DSP algorithms (such as Matlab simulation code) into C or C++ code and executing tests of algorithm and system performance. The candidate will also work with staff in other sites for the protection of our country.
- Minimum 6 years software engineering process experience
- Programming experience in C, C++
- Experience with a high level scripting language such as Ruby or Python
- Knowledge of embedded SW and/or real-time DSP implementation
- Experience developing software in a Linux environment
- Good communication, organization, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and determine priorities
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong work ethic, flexible, and adaptable to respond to mission-critical needs as they arise
- Top Secret Clearance with ability to obtain TS/SCI
- Understanding of telecommunications systems concepts and/or signal processing fundamentals.
- Familiarity with SIGINT systems
- Usage of Eclipse or similar IDE; usage of SVN, GIT, or similar CM tools.
- 8 Years, with a B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics or 6 years with MS/MA in Engineering, Science or Mathematics or 4 years with PhD in Engineering, Science or Mathematic
Business Unit Profile
Go further. Outdo yourself. Set a mission and accomplish it with Raytheon. As a world-leading supplier of defense and aerospace systems, Raytheon is your partner for achieving professional success. Our Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is a world leader in integration systems and solutions for advanced missions.
As a Raytheon employee, you will enjoy comprehensive healthcare coverage including medical, prescription drug, vision and dental care, as well as Healthcare & Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts. Your financial well-being will be supported through our saving and investment plan, stock ownership plan, and retirement benefits. Moreover, we offer flexible work arrangements and provide various other forms of employee assistance.
Make your next move to Raytheon!
Space And Airborne Systems
Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology, Software Engineering
Type Of Job
Engineering & Sciences
Top Secret – Current
- U.S. FLSA Classification