Our mission as a leading investment management firm is to help our clients achieve their long-termfinancial goals. We believe our associates are the key to this mission and we arealways looking fortalented individuals who share our commitment to our client’s success.
If you’re looking for challenging work experiences and the ability to learn in a collaborative culture, weinvite you to explore the opportunities available at T. Rowe Price.
The Senior Software Developer will develop moderate to highly complex ServiceNow applications and supports or enhances existing business applications to ensure project requirements and business needs are met.
While participating in large scale or multiple moderate scale development projects, the Sr. Programmer creates and maintains moderate to highly complex technical solutions based on their translation of functional requirements and unit tests solutions to ensure proper functionality for business use. Develops technical specifications and design documents from which programs and applications are written.
Collaborates within their team to provide status updates, discuss issues and ensure technical solutions will work with the others. Mentors less experienced technical staff including other Programmer Analysts and Information Technology Associates.
- BS degree and 2+ years of related work experience, or Associate degree and 4 years related work experience, or High School diploma/equivalent and 6 years related work experience
- 2 or more years development experience with ServiceNow including application integration (3+ preferred)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to effectively work with people in the team, other IT departments and/or outside of the enterprise
- Adaptable and able to learn quickly
- Demonstrated ability to apply technical knowledge to multiple systems and support multiple business groups
- Demonstrated advanced ability to translate functional business requirements into complex technical solutions
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Ability to design moderate to highly complex technical solutions
- Demonstrated extensive experience applying technical standards and change control policies and procedures
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Proficient in SQL and Relational Database Concepts and Design
- College degree in technology related field with 4 years relevant experience (applications development experience) preferred
- Experience integrating new applications into an existing environment preferred
- Advanced degree preferred
- Some experience estimating development effort and scope preferred
- Some experience mentoring less experienced technical staff preferred
- 3 or more years of SQL, DB2, or Oracle experience preferred
- Prior experience working in multiple technical environments preferred
T. Rowe Price is an Equal Opportunity Employer