Our mission as a leading investment management firm is to help our clients achieve their long-termfinancial goals. We believe our associates are the key to this mission and we arealways looking fortalented individuals who share our commitment to our client’s success.
If you’re looking for challenging work experiences and the ability to learn in a collaborative culture, weinvite you to explore the opportunities available at T. Rowe Price.
The Investment/Enterprise Risk management team of T. Rowe Price at our HQ in Baltimore, MD is seeking a talented Software Developer to join their team. The selected person will work with primary responsibility for designing, developing, and testing solutions in support of Investment/Enterprise Risk Managers and Analysts. The person must perform their role with minimal direction, and as part of an Agile development team.
Works closely with others on the technology team to develop software solutions to meet needs of business partners. Executes all phases of software development lifecycle using an agile methodology. This responsibility includes software analysis, design, development (in multiple languages), testing, and deployment. Assists with the development of software documentation. Communicates daily with team members on progress.
- BS Degree in a technical field such as engineering or computer science and 4+ years of related work experience
- Experience developing object-oriented software in C# language
- Experience with business component development (C#, ADO.NET, LINQ, N-TIER DESIGN)
- Experience with web service development (e.g.WebAPI, Restful Services, JSON)
- Experience working with relational databases (e.g. SQL Server)Process-oriented and logical thinker
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and adapt to change
- Experience in full software development lifecycle
- Ability to translate complex business requirements into quality software
- Ability to develop alternative solutions to complex problems
- Good analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet with business partners of varying levels to understand, gather, document, and analyze system requirements
- Ability to decompose assigned work into tasks with time estimates
- Ability to work closely with technical team members in the fast-paced, agile-development environment.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with others in team environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of cloud-based software (Azure, AWS)
- Experience with development and deployment of cloud-based software (Azure, AWS)
- Experience in an agile development environment. Actively participated in daily standup, sprint planning and sprint retrospectives.
- Work experience in financial industry
- Strong understanding of basic Investment Management principles
- Experience in an agile development environment (e.g. Scrum)
- Experience with database development (e.g. MS SQL Server, SQL, stored procedure writing)
- Experience developing unit and integration test suite using MSTEST or NUNIT and Mocking framework (e.g. Moq, Fakes, Rhino Mock, etc)
- Experience designing applications using patterns and technologies that promote loose coupling (Architectural Patterns, IOC container such as Unity, Autofac, Ninject)
- Familiar with Microservices architecture
- Experience with distributed version control system such as Git
- Knowledge of Matlab and/or “R” tools
VISA SPONSORSHIP IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION
T. Rowe Price is an Equal Opportunity Employer