ueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The ideal candidate is an all-around designer with both interaction and visual design skills. He/She will thrive in a fast paced work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
This individual should have a passion for empathizing with the needs and behaviors of people, the business and how to solve for them through design.
- Partners with design, engineering and product management team members in the execution and delivery of successful products and services, using a customer-focused, iterative design process.
- Contributes to planning and estimating work and participates in broader work stream coordination and expectation setting.
- Creates high quality deliverables and executes based on UX goals and priorities without prescriptive guidance or direction, managing his/her own work to a larger schedule.
- Leverages, fosters and extends the use of established UX techniques, templates, presentations and assets in the creation of UX analysis, solutions and materials;
- Contributes to the adaptation of PayPal UX tools, methodology and software and proposes new solutions or optimizes existing ones.
- Creates opportunities to foster collaborative cross-discipline dynamics. Drives UX team delivery excellence, furthering internal and external UX influence and goals.
- May lead one or more individuals in experience and design initiatives. Informally mentors junior UX practitioners in best practices, process and methodology.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in the study of design including one of the following; Design, Information Architecture, Human Factors or equivalent project/portfolio experience.
- 4+ years experience.
- Has a thorough understanding of UX methodology and lifecycle across key channels and platforms.
- Customer-focused with experience using design research methods to uncover customer insights.
- Effectively operates within an iterative design team, managing UX responsibilities against defined milestones and plan with little day-to-day oversight.
- Knowledge of key channels and platforms, with experience in areas of mobile, portable, dedicated, web or native mobile design.
- Experience with resources such as; pattern library, repositories and internal communication tools.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.