Performs actuarial product functions for the stable value business. Evaluates new product ideas and conducts maintenance of existing products. Executes and manages the design, pricing, and implementation of stable value products.
Job Description Responsibilities
- Leads the preparation and interpretation of stable value actuarial and financial information for presentation to management.
- Monitors risk and profitability of Synthetic GIC stable value product and develops supporting reports and/or analyses.
- Maintains the product line or Corporate process to comply with various state and federal regulations.
- Manages studies that underlie actuarial assumptions and provides assumptions and data to others.
- May support creation of, or changes to, contracts, systems specifications and other actuarial aspects of product development
- Monitors and analyzes developments in actuarial techniques, laws and regulations applicable to the company’s stable value operations, and competitive developments in the stable value marketplace. Recommends appropriate reactions to these developments.
- Provides guidance and advice regarding pricing rates, modeling methodology, or reserving and related matters.
- Serves as a key resource for completion of one or more major recurring projects during the course of the year.
- Represents the company on industry and professional committees.
- FSA, CFA or equivalent professional designation along with Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or related field and 7 years of relevant experience. In lieu of Bachelor's degree, will accept Master's degree in a listed discipline and 5 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of FSA will accept ASA or equivalent professional designation and 12 years of relevant experience. Demonstrates high quality leadership, judgment, organization and prioritization skills.
- Knowledge of Fixed Income Investments
Behavioral And Leadership Competencies
- Effectively communicates, both verbally and in writing, advanced financial, mathematical and analytical concepts to various audiences.
- Works well under pressure and within time constraints to effectively accomplish individual and
- Excellent computer skills.
- Office environment. Limited travel may be required, including overnight.
At Transamerica we promote a Future Fit mindset. What is a Future Fit mindset?
- Acting as One fosters an environment of positive collaboration
- Accountability allows us to own the problem as well as the solution
- Agility inspires new ideas, innovation and challenges the status quo
- Customer Centricity encourages an above and beyond approach to our customer