HELP US REIMAGINE MONEY.
At PayPal, we believe that now is the time to democratize financial services so that moving and managing money is a right for all citizens, not just the affluent. We are driven by this purpose, and we uphold our cultural values of collaboration, innovation, wellness and inclusion as our guide for making decisions and conducting business every day. It is our duty and privilege to be customer champions and put those we serve at the center of everything we do.
We are one team that respects and values diversity of thought for everyone, everywhere, and we actively seek to create an energizing workplace that brings out the best in all of us. If you’re ready to shape the future of money, join the team at PayPal. We're proud to work here. You will be too.
The Strategic Growth Manager (SGM) for Large Enterprise will own and drive revenue growth for a portfolio of 10-12 strategic accounts through cross-sell and up-sell opportunities, best practice implementations and co-marketing programs. This role is responsible for building out and managing a sales opportunity pipeline.
This position can be based remotely, with reasonable access to a major US airport hub.
Engaging with C-Level executive in solutions-oriented dialogues to define and address enterprise business needs.
Building strong relationships with critical C-level executives/matrixed at each merchant that engenders true partnership, trust and mutual benefit.
Aligning complex technological solutions that span mobile, e-commerce, point of sale, and other interfaces with focused consumer insights to design comprehensive and meaningful solutions which drive business results.
Partnering with the Sales and Integration teams to ensure a successful go-to-market for each merchant, both at pilot and full launch.
Establishing yourself internally and externally as the main point of contact for anything related to your client through strong internal involvement across all PayPal assets and deep engagement.
Identifying opportunities to increase the PayPal share of checkout and persuade merchants to adopt recommended/optimization strategies to increase overall PayPal awareness.
Leveraging PayPal Inc properties to drive cross-sell opportunities with strategic accounts.
Resolving urgent merchant specific issues by partnering with the legal, finance, risk management, account management, merchant underwriting and compliance teams.
Keeping merchants informed of our product roadmap. Learning merchants’ product pain points and wish list; understanding their priorities and urgency, ensuring that this is shared with the adjacent business units.
Facilitating meetings for clients with PayPal functional groups (Product, Engineering, Risk, Ops, etc) to drive deeper engagement; facilitates meetings with PayPal senior management when appropriate.
Communicating sensitive news to the merchant such as a rate or reserve change, the need for a change in contractual terms or the need to obtain confidential information for risk management purposes. Negotiating if appropriate.
Working with Marketing to drive consumer awareness and sales through co-marketing programs on PayPal channels and the merchant’s own channels.
• Track record of successfully cross-selling products and services within an established account
• Demonstrated problem solving capabilities and ability to uncover and develop innovative solutions
• Executive presentation skills, including in-person, written, and verbal
• Experience negotiating complex contracts and achieving deal terms which are favorable to the company
• Entrepreneurial attitude with strong leadership skills
• Ability to effectively communicate with both internal and external stakeholders, regardless of role or level
• Ability to function without extensive direction; able to set direction and create executable business strategies that result in meaningful business impact
• Flexible and able to operate in a changing environment, while still embracing change
• Fun, highly energetic personality; great team player
• Strong collaborative skills and a team–oriented focus
• Strong organizational skills and detail orientation
• B.S. degree required. MBA preferred
• 10+ years of Relationship Management and/or Sales experience with Fortune 500 or similarly established accounts
• Knowledge of the payments industry
• Experience in retail industry and internet/technology preferred
PayPal Inc has assembled a comprehensive suite of solutions designed to power the omni-channel commerce capabilities of companies of all sizes. Our goal is to provide customers with the best payments experience however, wherever, or whenever they want to shop, and to help companies to capture the emerging opportunities that have come to define the multichannel commerce landscape. This includes enabling payments in a multi-channel environment, orchestrating a best in class e-commerce, m-commerce, and t-commerce presence, and everything in-between.
Most of all, we seek to provide industry leading insight and consultative engagement that will enable our partners’ evolving need to elevate to the expanding needs of a new and increasingly dynamic marketplace.
Individuals seeking employment at PayPal are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You have the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.