Vistronix Intelligence & Technology Solutions is a national security solutions provider specializing in transforming big and complex data sets into mission critical intelligence. Ingesting, processing, and exploiting Big Data is at the core of everything we do: Cyber & SIGINT Operations, C4ISR & Multi-INT Processing, and Enterprise & Open Source Analysis. As a national security middleweight, we have a passion for our customers' mission and value ingenuity, agility, speed, and the ability to think and deliver at scale. For more information, visit www.vistronix.com.
Vistronix is currently seeking an experienced Systems Engineer for a role on one of our subcontracts. This full time position affords the successful candidate the opportunity to work in an engaging, high-tech development environment, working with an excellent team and customer base.
The successful candidate will work as a hands-on System Engineer in the design and development of the Next Generation SIGINT architecture data validation environment. This position is focused on the end-to-end engineering, detailed data analyses, interface evaluation, dataflow, and data repository system engineering activities.
The Systems Engineer Shall Have The Following Labor Category Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional system engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Supports the development and review of Joint Capability Integration Development System (JCIDS) documents (i.e., initial Capability Document, Capabilities Description Document, IA Strategy)
- Supports the planning and test analysis of the DoD Certification/Accreditation Process (as well as other Government Certification and Accreditation (C&A) processes)
- In conjunction with system stakeholders, plans the verification efforts of new and unproven designs early in the development life cycle to ensure compliance with established requirements
- Manages and ensures the technical integrity of the system baseline over time, continually updating it as various changes are imposed on the system during the lifecycle from development through deployment and operations & maintenance
- Assess each risk to the program and determine the probability of occurrence and quantified consequence of failure in accordance with an approved risk management plan
- Establishes a process to formally and proactively control and manage changes to requirements, considers impacts prior to commitment to change, gains stakeholder buy-in, eliminates ambiguity, ensures traceability to source requirements, and tracks and settles open actions
- Prepares time-line analysis diagrams illustrating the flow of time-dependent functions
- Captures all interface designs in a common interface control format, and stores interface data in a commonly accessible repository
- Establishes and follows a formal procedure for coordinating system integration activities among multiple teams, ensuring complete coverage of all interfaces
- Conducts quantitative analysis in non-functional system performance areas like Reliability, Maintainability, Vulnerability, Survivability, Produceability, etc.)
- Reviews and/or approves system engineering documentation to ensure that processes and specifications meet system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, and complete
- Develops scenarios (threads) and an Operational Concept that describes the interactions between the system, the user, and the environment, that satisfies operational, support, maintenance, and disposal needs
- Implements operational view, technical standards view, and system and services view for architectures using applicable DoDAF standards
- Implements comprehensive SOA solutions
- Provides technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of specific components of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical Volume-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis
Job Specific Requirements
- 7+ years’ experience as a System Engineer supporting system and S/W architecture, development, designing complex collection systems, process execution and evaluation, data streaming, and results analyses
- Specific experience in software development programming in a team environment
- Experience in data analysis and validation in a production environment
- Familiarity with networking and telecommunications protocols and protocol analyses tools (e.g. Wireshark, TCPDump)
- Experience with analysis of architectural data flows and interface definitions
- Knowledge of SIGINT mission systems
- Knowledge of XML/XSD, messaging and schemas
- Knowledge of data sharing methods: pub/sub, client/server, query-based, etc.
- Understanding of system performance as it relates to processing and throughput
- Knowledge of enterprise access control infrastructure
- Experience with databases, streaming data processing, dataflows
- Experience process automation and process improvement
- Experience with team software development environment, including agile processes, continuous integration, and processes leading to DevOps
Job Specific Skills
- Networking protocols
- Agile Development (SCRUM)
This position requires an active Security Clearance.
Candidates will be subject to a government background investigation and must meet eligibility criteria for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship is required.
Vistronix is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.