SparkPost reliably delivers application emails on time and to the inbox. SparkPost’s email API technology is trusted by Pinterest, HubSpot, The Financial Times, Zillow, Booking.com, Intercom, and thousands of other companies, both big and small, to deliver over 3 trillion messages a year. That's more than 25 percent of the world’s non-spam email.
We are currently seeking an experienced Technical Recruiter for our Columbia, MD office. The ideal candidate must be energetic, organized and a detail oriented team player and will be an integral part of our growing enterprise software company. This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated individual that thrives on networking, and enjoys the challenge of finding top technical talent.
- Conduct full life cycle recruiting to support open needs including sourcing, pre-screening, interview scheduling, selection, compensation negotiations, reference and background checks, and pre and post offer candidate management.
- Conduct in-depth intake sessions with managers to understand business requirements and to define job requirements for both technical and non-technical roles.
- Utilize direct and indirect sourcing techniques to build a strong network of diverse candidates within critical skill sets.
- Participate in the ongoing development of creative recruitment sourcing strategies for open positions.
- Proactively conduct research and investigate new ideas to find passive candidates though a variety of methods including: complex internet searches, social and professional networking groups, blogs, competitor research and the development of existing candidate relationships.
- Direct source candidates using cold calling and persuasive techniques.
- Develop an ongoing and diverse pipeline of prospective candidates for assigned positions.
- Identify and submit qualified candidates based on the provided job description.
- Use appropriate systems (both manual and ATS) to track sourcing information including candidate information, resumes, source of candidates, and interview notes.
- Provide detailed status updates in weekly recruiting reports.
- Attend career fairs and conferences on an as-needed basis to develop relationships within the industry and source the talent pool.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8-10 years experience sourcing and pre-qualifying candidates in single or multiple professional verticals (i.e. Software Engineering, IT, Sales, Marketing, etc).
- Basic knowledge of Software Engineering terminology and concepts, and the willingness to continue to learn about the latest technologies.
- 3+ years of recent technical recruiting experiencerequired.
- Track record of successfully identifying and qualifying exceptional technical candidates.
- Experience working both as an in-house recruiter and working as an agency recruiter.
- Skilled in various methods of creative Internet sourcing to include: blogs, social and professional networking sites, the use of Boolean search logic, search modifiers and Internet data mining techniques.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate job descriptions, skills needed, data and other information to determine courses of action.
- Skilled in prescreening methods to determine if candidates are a fit for a defined position.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, both orally and written.
- Provides superior customer service with the ability to remain adaptable, flexible and work independantly.
- Strong organizational skills, including time management and multi-tasking.
- Previous experience with Applicant Tracking Systems, preferably Jobvite.
- Willingness and flexibility to support ad hoc projects as needed.