Do you want to be part of a team that is transforming an industry? BurnAlong is doing just that to the fitness & wellness space, and is looking for someone who can be a central part of our engineering team.
We are a startup looking for a highly motivated individual who will contribute to our progress and our culture.
A problem solver, not just a doer. Become part of a culture of integrity, innovation and creativity as we revolutionize an entire industry.
Ideal candidates need not apply. Exceptional and motivated applicants only.
This position reports directly into the CTO of Burnalong – a tremendous opportunity to learn and develop your skills.
Equity is part of our compensation package.
Do you have a desire to learn and try new things?
Do you love taking technology to the next level?
Are you interested in earning equity in a startup?
We are looking for a UI/UX Designer & Developer that excels at turning design into a functional website that is desktop and mobile responsive. The responsibilities will include crafting/reviewing wire frames and then translating them into front-ends that are highly intuitive and flexible. Huge plus if you're the one who can create the wires!
The teammate must be able to work in a very fast-paced and dynamic environment and possess exceptional eye for detail and core understanding of user experience principles and best practices of human interface design.
Responsibilities And Duties
- Work with the Engineering team and Product Owner to ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs, and to ensure the designs are responsive in nature.
- Develop and design UI/UX – starting from the Information Architecture through to front end implementation.
- Perform unit testing at the page level.
- Reviews specifications and provides time estimates on the development of projects and features
- Builds reusable code, templates, module, artifacts, and libraries for future use.
- Optimizes site for load times, speed and scalability.
- Utilizes SEO best practices, ensure site is responsive and adapts to the different break points and screen sizes.
- Develops new templates for the web site and e-mail programs, add tracking pixels and code.
- Works directly with stakeholders (senior executives) to ensure timely and accurate content.
- Meet established deadlines.
- Proficient understanding of web markup language, including HTML5, CSS3, and Web scripting.
- Understanding of user behavior (specifically, millennial and Generation Z).
- Experience with code repository systems, extensive knowledge of responsive design methodologies and ability to integrate with APIs (SVN, Git).
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and design.
- Experience in refactoring front-end code to support changes in design requirements.
- Understanding of SEO principles and incorporation of SEO in the development framework.
- Knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image.
- Excellent ability to manage timelines and be self-directed.
- Rapid Prototyping skills and Responsive Design Methodologies including working experience with prototype software (e.g. Invision, Principle, After Effects).
- Experience in developing detailed design documentation and shows processing logic for simple programs.
- Must have a passion for front end development and be a self-starter. Ability to work well in a team environment and enjoy collaborating with other team members to provide the best solution.
- 3-5 years of experience as UX/UI Developer, front end development within a large-scale consumer facing organization or a digital agency.
- 3 years experience with LAMP platform.
- Knowledge a of Databases/MySQL is a plus.
- Experience developing mobile/multi -platform, agnostic product interfaces
- Experience with wire-frame/prototyping tool such as Invision or UX Pin (or something else)
- Experience with databases, social media integration, and/or SEO a plus
- Adept in analytical and debugging skills
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals and possess strong UI development experience.
- Strong portfolio showcasing broad range of UX/UI are a MUST.
- Bachelor’s Degree A Must, Master’s degree a plus or relevant experience.
- We are NOT looking for the perfect match to this job description – we are looking for the perfect match for our team. If you're interested and believe you could provide value, we want to hear from you!
- You are a good person and recognize others are too. You maintain respect of others while working through tough challenges and tight timelines.
- You’re passionate about design, experience, code and building a great product.
- You approach problems from a product perspective, thinking through how the user will interact with what you're building.
- You have strong communication skills. You ask questions, let others know when you need help, and tell others what you need.
- You're a problem solver. You believe the best work is the result of finding the simplest solution to complex challenges.
- You see the big picture. You understand how the code you write interacts with systems and services.
- You have a desire to continue to learn and try new things.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join a startup that already has global momentum. Check out our site for more: www.BurnAlong.com.
Apply today – we want to hear from you!
US candidates only, no relocation assistance at this time.
BurnAlong is poised to transform the $152 billion digital health and fitness market.
BurnAlong partners with local gyms, studios and wellness professionals across the country to help them stream their fitness classes online. We opened up to the public in December and already have more partners than all of our competition combined except for youtube.
No gym membership is required to join BurnAlong, we're an open marketplace where our members get unlimited access to all classes. Because accountability matters, our members can choose to take a class alone or invite friends to join them in live private sessions while they take a class together.
The future of fitness is in the synergies between the in-person and online, not the divide. Join our community to experience it for yourself.
This position reports directly into the CTO – a tremendous opportunity to learn and develop your skills.