Create engaging Digital experiences
SAI is a full-spectrum technology consulting and software company serving commercial, higher education and healthcare clients across North America. From our flagship office in Hunt Valley, Maryland and our satellite locations in Nashville and Atlanta, we provide enterprise class software products and technology consulting services – from digital strategy and marketing services, web design and development, packaged software implementation, and IT strategy and operations consulting – all with the goal of helping clients thrive.
We are currently seeking a User Experience (UX) Architect to work with our design and development teams, and customers, defining the user experience for websites and web applications we create.
You will be working with an experienced team of software and consulting industry professionals as we continue to grow a significant user base among Fortune 500 Commercial and large government customers.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
• Conduct experience design research activities such as customer interviews, usability tests, task analysis, card sorts, surveys, web analytics reviews, and field research in order to understand the context in which target audiences interact with websites/web applications.
• Apply user needs, motivations, tasks, and goals to the design of highly engaging experiences for web, tablet and mobile.
• Collaborate with senior UX, design and development teams on large-scale implementations.
• Design and create navigation, task flows, wireframes and user interface prototypes.
• Propose and champion usability improvements based on research (usability tests, heuristic evaluation, surveys, analytics and best practices).
• Serve as an advocate for website and/or web application users and thoroughly understand user interactions and incorporate that knowledge to build the best possible user experience.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• An understanding of user-centered design methods and how to apply them.
• Passion for new technologies and emerging design patterns in the digital space. Experience architecting responsive interfaces is a plus.
• An interest in and competence for solving real-world business problems (with technology as an enabler).
• Ability to connect the dots between strategic business needs and UX design problems.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Determination to succeed despite obstacles and challenges, and a positive attitude favoring achievement of goals over open-ended investigation.
• Comfortable presenting your ideas in various levels of details to team members and key stakeholders.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree and equivalent of 3 years of related web or web application UX experience, including fluency with a wide range of UX methodologies and usability principles.
• Hands on experience with storyboarding, UI design, wireframing, and prototyping.
• Experience working on website or web application architecture projects from conception to build.
Why Work With Us?
• It’s an exciting time at SAI. We’re in growth mode. We have introduced a unique new product that will help revolutionize how companies conduct business. This will enable us to reach all new markets and engage in valuable, high-level business partnerships.
• We work with some outstanding clients. Do you know who helps Walmart streamline their internal operations? Who partners with Johns Hopkins Medicine to communicate their world class brand? Who helps Stevenson University attract more and better students? We do. We're trusted by IT and business decision makers for our technical expertise, management skills, industry insights and partnerships.
• Your voice will be heard. We’re big enough to do great work, yet small enough that you can have a real impact. Opinions and ideas are encouraged and valued.
• You’ll grow professionally. We want our team members to continue to develop in their professions and stay on top of industry trends. You’ll have the opportunity to share your expertise and raise your professional profile through our blog, webinars, conferences and team collaboration events.
• You’ll work with great people. SAI is known for hiring nice, smart people who balance hard work with fun. We strive to make our work environment pleasant and productive, without interoffice politics.
• Location, location, location. Conveniently located off I-83 across from Hunt Valley Towne Centre, our office building has terrific amenities including a fitness center, deli, dry cleaner, auto detailer, health and nutrition store and more. We also have a satellite office in Nashville and a sales presence in Atlanta.
• Competitive salary and benefits. You’ll work hard, and you’ll be compensated accordingly.
• Please submit your resume as a Word document, including your portfolio and annual compensation requirements to email@example.com