Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Represent the visual voice of the StraighterLine brand in all direct to consumer products and marketing assets.
- Evolve the visual identity of the brand to deliver on focused business goals and strategies.
- Produce design solutions that meet requirements and incorporates feedback without diminishing overall brand standards.
- Build visual executions of interactive designs for UX Designers and an Engineering Team.
- Establish and manage an efficient and timely design process.
Success Metrics KPIs:
- Create visual and interactive designs that conform to an established style guide.
- Deliver a consistent experience to the customer to provide an effective value proposition.
- Evolve the brand style guide and its efficacy, including monitoring the competitive market for best practices.
- Lead and collaborate on all facets of a visual design process (strategy, competitive brand research, ideation, comping, user testing).
- Create and manage an efficient intake and workflow for design requests that appropriately prioritizes requests to meet deadlines and includes review milestones for stakeholders
- Evaluate, optimize and document the process to consistently meet deadlines and yield happy internal customers, including improvements based on best practices.
- Create a searchable database of aligned visual assets.
- BA/BS, BFA in Design or related field of study; MFA, experience design or advanced degree/certifications a plus.
- 5 years graphic and digital design experience
- A portfolio demonstrating a variety of execution formats and capabilities to deliver on a design strategy with measurable results
- Experience working with and developing major brand assets, experiences and managing a style guide
- Proven ability to conceive, develop and produce comprehensive creative strategies for campaigns across multiple touch points that deliver a successful end-to-end experience against established goals.
- Adept and knowledgeable of the best practices for running a design process from ideation through stakeholder review to final and approved work products.
- Experience delivering production ready digital assets in a variety of digital formats to support: website/landing pages, email, advertising, promotions, social, ecommerce, presentations, guide downloads, infographics, conference collateral, training materials, corporate swag and more.
- Ability to thrive working in an Agile Scrum team environment and act independently to get things done while managing multiple priorities.
- Proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch)
- Understanding of HTML/CSS, knowledgeable about best practices for preparing digital assets for web development and awareness of how UX/UI designers work.
- Experience sourcing, evaluating, selecting and clearing digital assets that most effectively deliver brand message and design goals (e.g. photography, infographics, art, colors, logos, layouts, or other design elements)
- Familiar with conversion optimization and A/B testing concepts and providing designs assets to support testing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and the ability to roll up and expose detail for the appropriate levels.
- Proficient in explaining design concepts and the decisions behind their work.
- Skilled at building rapport and relationships with individuals and groups in an outgoing, poised and persuasive communication style.
Recognized by Fast Company as one of the “10 Most Innovative Companies in Education,” the New York Times, Inside Higher Ed and more, StraighterLine's innovative courses and relationships with colleges makes higher education affordable again. StraighterLine is backed by leading venture capital firms like FirstMark Capital — a New YorkCity-based venture capital firm with a history of successful investments in online, consumer-focused and education businesses — Chrysalis Ventures, and three of the best known education-focused investors City Light Capital, ReThink Education and New Market Ventures.