14 West is seeking a Web Designer who possesses a blend of marketing knowledge and design skills to continue to drive our growing online business.
This is the perfect opportunity for a team-player who loves to work hard and provide creative solutions for our marketing needs. This is a fast-paced, team environment with tremendous and long-term growth potential.
As part of the team, you will use your creativity to design mobile responsive websites, landing pages, and order forms for our new sales promotions. This position requires close collaboration with the web director, marketing manager, and developers. The ideal candidate has a user-centered design focus with a basis in data-driven decision-making. You must be creative, focused, multi-talented and a resourceful problem-solver. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, extremely organized, and able to perform multiple tasks concurrently and effectively.
14 West is an Agora Company. In 2017, five Agora Companies were recognized by The Baltimore Sun as Top Workplaces, and The Agora’s Mount Vernon Campus was even featured in the Baltimore Business Journal’s online Cool Digs column. Being a part of our team, and an employee of The Agora Companies, is an opportunity that’s highly sought after. Sounds like a pretty good gig, doesn’t it? But don’t take our word for it. We’ll answer any and every question you’ve got about what it’s like to work for this Baltimore Sun Top Workplace… but you’ve got to get the interview first. If you think you’ve got what it takes, apply ASAP. This opportunity won’t last long.
- Utilize digital marketing and design Best Practices.
- Develop visually appealing designs and solutions that reinforce the brand value proposition and drive results.
- Use rapid prototyping methodologies; Creating functional wireframes in HTML to aid development and build website functionality quickly.
- Develop programming code for assigned web projects based on creative and marketing strategies.
- Enforce a consistent style and branding across products and channels.
- Test web programming to ensure functionality for active websites.
- Curating & posting content that emerges for web initiatives as necessary.
- Versioning multiple types and styles of promotional video graphics.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines and edit graphics in real-time in a high-paced work environment.
- Ability to take and apply direction and constructive feedback.
- Expert knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Understanding of typography, composition, layout, color, image formats, and interactivity impact design.
- Experience building websites and web ads in a fast-paced environment.
- 3 years+ experience working with HTML and CSS required.
- 2 years+ experience working with Adobe Creative Cloud – InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Microsoft Office – Word, Power Point, Excel, additional experience using Sketch, Adobe XD, Axure, and InVision is beneficial.
- Knowledge of Bootstrap-style responsiveness principles required.
- Git experience required.
- Knowledge of PHP is a plus.
- Experience in WordPress.
- Must have experience creating animations/GIFs.
- Understanding of Marketing principles (conversion, direct response, etc.)
- Project Management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be highly adaptable.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Takes a professional, logical, and proactive approach to work problems.
- Thrives in a multi-task environment.
- Ability to take constructive feedback.
- Ability to re-prioritize and adapt workflow in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to learn new systems.
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter to the link provided.
About 14 West
14 West shares not only a long history but a heritage with The Agora, “a marketplace for ideas,” and the only global network of its kind for the world’s most innovative privately-owned media enterprises. Today, more than 20 of those enterprises rely on 14 West to find them the talent they need in copy, editorial, digital marketing and technology to remain consistently at the helm of the industry at large.
With a diverse range of services and a unique breadth of experience in the media industry, 14 West holds the key to creating compelling, competitive workplaces and turning entrepreneurs and their ideas into evolutionary brands.
The key is people. People that will continue to drive those brands forward for another 40 years. People like you perhaps?
Learn more about 14 West at www.14west.us.