Does the challenge of redesigning the website of a seasoned company excite and thrill you? Do you have an inherent love for building an enjoyable customer experience?
Publishing Services, an Agora company, is seeking a Web Designer who will be an integral part of our Client Success team working closely with the Director of Client Success to redesign and build the company’s website. As part of the team, you will use your creativity to design and build mobile responsive websites. This position requires close collaboration with the President, VP Applications, VP Ancillary Services, and the Director of Client Success. The ideal candidate has a user-centered design focus with a basis in data-driven decision-making. You must be creative, focused, multi-talented and a resourceful problem-solver. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, extremely organized, and a self-starter.
We are seeking candidates who are meticulous, hard-working, have strong problem-solving skills and a high level of maturity and focus. Strong written and verbal communication skills are important as well as a high level of personal organization. A focus on completing scheduled work within budgeted hours for a project is required.
The Agora Companies are made up of over 800 professionals, working out of 11 different buildings in the Mount Vernon area. Many of The Agora Companies in Baltimore have been recognized year after year as Top Workplaces by the Baltimore Sun.
- Develop visually appealing designs and solutions that reinforce the brand value proposition and drive results.
- Use rapid prototyping methodologies; Creating functional wireframes in HTML to aid development and build website functionality quickly.
- Develop programming code for assigned web projects based on creative and marketing strategies.
- Enforce a consistent style and branding across products and channels.
- Test web programming to ensure functionality for active websites.
- Curating & posting content that emerges for web initiatives as necessary.
- Versioning multiple types and styles of promotional video graphics.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines and edit graphics in real-time in a high-paced work environment.
- Ability to take and apply direction and constructive feedback.
- Cross-browser compatibility
- Understanding of typography, composition, layout, color, image formats, and interactivity impact design.
- 3+ years of experience building websites
- Experience with WordPress
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be highly adaptable.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience with SEO and web analytics
- Understanding of marketing principles (conversion, direct response, etc.)
- Project Management skills.
- 2 years+ experience working with Adobe Creative Cloud – InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Microsoft Office – Word, Power Point, Excel, additional experience using Sketch, Adobe XD, Axure, and InVision is beneficial.
- Build a strong working relationship with all product teams.
- Takes a professional, logical, and proactive approach to work problems.
- Ability to re-prioritize and adapt workflow in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to thrive in a challenging and dynamic environment. Energy and willingness to discard or revise multiple ideas and design directions
- Learn the SDLC of Publishing Services proprietary systems of IRIS, Advantage, Message Central, OPIUM, and Middleware.
- Continue to learn the business. Understanding the clients’ world will allow us to better serve their needs.
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter to the link provided.
About Publishing Services
Publishing Services not only provides the platforms and systems that support more than 20 of the world’s leading privately owned media companies, but our passion and progressive ingenuity has helped shape and strengthen the industry at large. We build and support the enterprise applications used by entrepreneurial businesses to help them become highly profitable, and ultimately position them as frontrunners. From Analysis & Discovery to Prototype, Design & Development, from Information & Payment Processing to Order Fulfillment & Subscription Renewals, our expert teams strive to provide a fast-paced, flexible, and functional foundation for growth.
If you think you may belong at Publishing Services and could benefit from a deeper look inside of our office, be sure to check out our Workplace Highlight on WestWord. Read it here.