The Oxford Club, a leading independent financial publisher, is searching for the perfect candidate to fill the role of Web Marketing Specialist. This is a unique role that’s ideal for a detail-oriented person who won’t stand for anything but the best possible final product.
The Web Marketing Specialist must be able to quickly learn our complex production processes, be committed to producing error free work, and continually aim to take our high performing team to the next level.
Once you have mastered your production responsibilities, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to other marketing initiatives and own several projects that directly impact our bottom line. You’ll be a part of a highly specialized and talented group of marketing and web professionals.
Being a part of our team, and an employee of The Agora companies, is an opportunity that’s highly sought after. We’ll answer any and every question you’ve got about what it’s like to work for this Baltimore Sun Top Workplace… but you’ve got to get the interview first. If you think you’ve got what it takes, apply ASAP. This opportunity won’t last long.
- Set up and manage order forms and subsequent sales funnels – including upsells, cross-sells, and other confirmation efforts through our eComm platform for more than 15 different products.
- Closely coordinate with other members of the Marketing, Operations and Creative team to stay on top of deadlines and creative that’s needed to ensure all initiatives are set up correctly and orders can successfully be processed and tracked.
- Create and update static HTML pages using CSS and HTML best practices, and troubleshoot coding errors and clean up HTML/CSS on existing pages.
- Assist with managing online content and make recommendations of how to improve production processes or optimize code.
- Work with Lytics and help determine best use cases – (New targeting software)
- Database setup for new products and creation of promotional codes for marketing efforts.
- Posting advertorial and promotions on our various websites.
- Building and posting lead-generation landing pages.
- Work with in-house developers to test initiatives for sales on mobile/tablet devices in the coming months (eg. testing device-recognized order forms).
- Brainstorming and implementing new and innovative styles of order forms to test against our current control, as well as brainstorming with the marketing team for offer types, etc.
- Assisting with monitoring and maintenance of email lists.
- Helping to run all mailings through email reputations systems for non-spam compliance and proper viewing in multiple email/mobile/tablet platforms.
- Cleaning and correcting existing targets (subsets of email lists) as well as creation of future targets.
What are the essential qualifications for the role?
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Being a fast, independent learner.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Manages time wisely; meets or beats deadlines.
- A history of managing several projects at once.
- The ability to work with a team and independently.
- Being resourceful and able to troubleshoot.
- College degree in Computer Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
- Fundamental understanding of HTML/CSS concepts.
- Resourceful and able to troubleshoot issues.
- Marketing or financial knowledge preferred.
Meet the requirements above and impress us with your positive, solution-focused attitude and we’ll offer you a fun, challenging role with room for growth, a competitive salary and benefits package, plus you’ll get to work in Baltimore’s historic Mt. Vernon neighborhood. The Agora is comprised of more than 800 professionals in Baltimore that enjoy some of the top workplaces in the city, according to The Baltimore Sun. In fact, in 2017, five Agora Companies were recognized by The Sun as Top Workplaces, and The Agora’s Mount Vernon Campus was even featured in the Baltimore Business Journal’s online Cool Digs column.
About The Oxford Club
We are a private, international network of knowledgeable investors and entrepreneurs. Our mission is simple: to help our Members live a “rich life.”
For more than 25 years, our multifaceted investment philosophy and ability to share timely ideas through our investment-focused publications have sustained our success through all market conditions. We research hundreds of investment opportunities and select only those with the greatest potential gains and the lowest risk to share with our Members.
We have more than 150,000 Members worldwide in over 130 countries. Please go to www.oxfordclub.com for more information.
If you think you may belong at The Oxford Club and could benefit from a deeper look inside of our office, be sure to check out our Workplace Highlight by clicking here.